- Period Of EmploymentFull Time
- Job Location Outside Communities
- Education Level Diploma of Vocational Studies (DEP)
Position: SHOTCRETE SPRAYER OPERATOR
Schedule: 14 days of work followed by 14 days off
Location: Renard mine
Homeports: Chibougamau-Chapais, Val d’Or, Quebec and St-Hubert airports
Posting date: April 29, 2021
Deadline to apply: May, 20, 2021
Stornoway is recruiting a Shotcrete sprayer Operator. Reporting to the underground Foreman, the Shotcrete sprayer Operator will be responsible for the following activities:
- Inspect and properly maintain the truck used to apply bulk concrete;
- Operate the truck safely when applying shotcrete;
- Ensure the efficient and safe conduct of activities related to tasks;
- Work closely with all operators and team members;
- Secure your workplace;
- Actively participate in planning, health and safety and training meetings;
- Properly complete daily and other reports;
- Comply with laws, regulations and work procedures;
- Perform all other related tasks.
- Vocational diploma in Heavy Equipment Operator, Ore Extraction or relevant experience in operating mining equipment such as concrete mixers or production trucks;
- Completed FMTM modular training (FMTM 1 to 5, 7);
- Valid driver’s licence (Class 5 minimum);
- Valid General Explosives Permit;
- Knowledge of bulk concrete transportation and management is an asset;
- Exemplary attitude regarding Health and Safety;
- Autonomous and resourceful;
- Ability to work in a team;
- Excellent organizational and task performance skills;
- Ability to work proactively and efficiently;
- Versatility and flexibility in performing tasks;
- Ability to perform various underground works;
- Interest and ability to work in a multicultural environment.
The use of the masculine gender is intended solely to lighten the text and refers to both women and men.
Stornoway Diamonds is committed to the principle of employment equity. Our people are our most valuable asset and our goal is to create an inclusive and equitable environment where everyone can reach their true potential.
Stornoway Diamonds does not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment. All personnel decisions, including hiring decisions, will be based on the company’s skills and needs. We welcome applications from qualified individuals from a variety of backgrounds.
Thank you for your interest in Stornoway Diamonds, please note that only online applications will be considered.
Please ensure that your profile is complete and up-to-date.
We will only contact you if your application is selected for an interview.