Service Miner – Hammer Ref.: 25021
Newmont is the world’s leading gold company and a producer of copper, silver, zinc and lead. The Company’s world-class portfolio of assets, prospects and talent is anchored in favorable mining jurisdictions in North America, South America, Australia and Africa. Newmont is the only gold producer listed in the S&P 500 Index and is widely recognized for its principled environmental, social and governance practices. The Company is an industry leader in value creation, supported by robust safety standards, superior execution and technical proficiency. Newmont was founded in 1921 and has been publicly traded since 1925.
The service miner is part of the mining operations team. The incumbent is responsible for supplying storage underground and for ensuring the availability of the required equipment.
- Break waste rock and ore with the hydraulic hammer
- Perform blasting operations in the chimneys during blockages
- Respect, know, and promote company regulations and policies, particularly with regard to health and safety
- Clean the hammer sector
- Perform all other tasks related to the performance of the duties of the position
- Have 0 to 2 years’ experience
- DEP (diploma of vocational education) in ore extraction
- Have the mine worker modular training card
- Hold a general explosives permit
- Have a valid driver’s licence
- Bilingual (an advantage)
- Welding and oxygen cutting competency cards
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work in a remote location and in a multicultural environment
- Schedule: 14 days of work followed by 14 days off
- Eleonore mine site
Interested qualified candidates should send their resume via the company’s Web site at www.newmont.com no later than July 26, 2022.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, we will only contact those selected for an interview.
As an equal opportunity employer, Newmont is committed to diversity, inclusion, and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Consistent with Newmont’s values of safety and responsibility, we believe that COVID-19 vaccination is a critical tool to fight this pandemic and protect the health and safety of Newmont’s workforce and the communities in which we work and live. Accordingly, if you receive an offer of employment for this position, you will be required to provide a declaration confirming that you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to your anticipated start date, and you may also be required to provide proof of vaccination prior to your anticipated start date, or at a later date upon Newmont’s request. Newmont will consider individual requests for exemption/reasonable accommodation by applicants who cannot be fully vaccinated due to medical reasons or other grounds protected by applicable human rights la.