OPEN POSITION: Senior Staff Trainee – IT
LOCATION: Mistissini – Administrative Centre
COMPETITION NUMBER: MIS-3896
NATURE OF WORK
Under the supervision of the Director of Information & Technologies Department, you will take charge of the administrative functions for the IT Department, in collaboration with the team, composed of about twenty people, including two coordinators, one administrative officer, one secretary, computer technicians, and one computer analyst (network and computerized systems administrator).
The primary goal of this position is to prepare the takeover for the position of the School Board’s IT Department Director in a near future (2 years) to become a full-time senior director within the organization. You will also ensure the management of the installed base of systems and computers throughout the school board, including the distance users, in addition to providing a first class user experience to our students and staff through the support and maintenance centre (helpdesk) of the department.
- A team player, passionate person with a positive attitude
- Thorough, very well organized and results oriented
- Possessing excellent relational skills and the capacity to put the users and their IT needs at the core of your approach (user/school support)
- Well known for having the capability to rally a multidisciplinary team
- Participate in the duty supervision, and mobilize a team composed of coordinators, one administration officer, computer technicians, and network managers, and thrive to offer them a stimulating work environment.
- Oversee the help request and incident management processes of the Helpdesk, as per the best management practises for IT services, such as ITIL.
- Provide a premium IT support to the school board students and staff;
- Plan, organize, and oversee activities related to the IT operations and to the hardware and software management in the classrooms, computer laboratories and administrative offices;
- Liaise between the organization’s computer development projects and their connexions in the IT Operations.
OVERVIEW OF SOME THE POSITION GOALS:
- Work collaboratively with the Director of Information Technologies in all of his duties and activities in order to familiarize himself /herself with all the department intern processes, as well as the governance, the IT standards, and all of the organization’s processes;
- Learn the process for identifying the IT department and individual team members annual goals, and performance monitoring;
- Work at the continued improvement of the IT department’s service level agreement, and ensure its realization;
- Standardize and raise awareness, throughout the organization, for the service and support offer of the IT Department (Helpdesk);
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Sciences or any other domain relevant to the position. Any combination of a College Diploma in Computer Management and a relevant experience will be considered;
- 3 years of experience as a team manager
- 3 years of experience in Project Management and in Information Technologies
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft O365, of virtualization environments, Windows environments (servers and workstations), SQL infrastructure, cloud computing systems, information security, and telecommunications.
- Fluency in French and English, both verbal and written. Cree would be an great asset.
- All the relevant certifications in Information Technologies and Project Management as per recognized methodologies;
- Knowledge of Information Technologies related to teaching and long-distance learning.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT*
Temporary full time position (2 years)
Starting Date: As soon as possible
Salary: $79,703 to $99,629
Northern Allowance: $8,484 to $13,573
*The holder of the position may be entitled to certain benefits (vacation, statutory holidays, Northern allowance, housing and outings).
Please complete the Application Form found HERE.
Please indicate posting #: MIS-3896
Note that all documents submitted must be in PDF format.
For questions about this posting contact
DATE OF POSTING:
June 15, 2021
END OF POSTING:
August 27, 2021 3:00 PM
In the above text, the masculine form also includes the feminine form