Reporting to two E&I Indigenous Advisors for CBC and Radio Canada, you are passionate and experienced in Engagement and Inclusion through your professional experience and/or your community work. You will work in partnership with People and Culture and other corporate components and play a key role in implementing CBC’s strategic objective to make the public broadcaster the media leader in reflecting the diversity of Canada in its content, workplace culture, and workforce. You will work closely with, and support the E&I Advisors to help the public broadcaster deepen its connections with Indigenous communities so as to increase their representation in our workforce and content.
Please note the successful candidate can be based from anywhere in the country.
This position offers accommodation opportunities such as telework and flexible schedules.
As a Sr. Specialist, Indigenous Affairs, you will have the following
- Develop effective working relationships with Indigenous institutions, associations, and communities.
- Develop and coordinate project activities and resources that support the development of the Indigenous Strategy Team.
- Coordinate project activities and resources that support the development of the Indigenous Strategy Team.
- Ensure that all projects are completed on time, on budget, and within the scope and that they are of the proper quality.
- Conceptualize end-to-end process, including competition identification, approval committees, budget management, and internal and external communications under minimal guidance.
- Consult and inform external departments including CMBR, Content and Media Preservation, Corporate Communications, Legal, Finance, and Business an Rights on required protocol and documentation.
- Advise the finance team of expenditures as necessary for forecasting.
- Create, develop, and maintain departmental databases, records, and information systems.
- Compile information and prepare ad-hoc and ongoing reports, correspondence, and analyses, involving research, collection and compilation of data and documents, including those of a confidential or sensitive nature for the purposes of confidential HR matters including staff development, succession planning, workforce planning as well as audience research and content evaluation.
- Represent the E&I Indigenous Strategy Team with internal and external stakeholders.
- Thoughtfully communicate opportunities to the Strategy Working group in alignment with its mandate.
- Help provide CBC and its suppliers with greater access to Indigenous talent.
- Ensure that all projects are completed on time, on budget and within scope and that they are of the proper quality.
- Negotiate agreements with project participants, both in-house and externally.
- Assume the responsibility to verify that contracts and project participant mandates cover all the project needs.
- Complete administrative tasks as necessary for E&I Advisors. In charge of all the logistics surrounding the Strategy (booking flights, room reservation, technical facilities, etc)
- Leverage relationships with external organizations to find opportunities for Indigenous engagement and to meet the needs of the Strategy Working group.
We are looking for a candidate with the following:
- University degree in a relevant field or equivalent experience along with five years of relevant experience.
- A strong connection to Indigenous Communities.
- Deep knowledge and understanding of Indigenous diversity.
- Experience working on Indigenous Strategies – an asset.
- Ability to understand diversity in perspectives and relay advice with sensitivity.
- Demonstrated ability to work with minimal supervision and to make independent decisions.
- Skilled at presenting ideas, documenting processes and workflows, and designing systems.
- Sound judgment with excellent decision-making and problem-solving skills.
- Successful at managing multiple projects simultaneously while working with tight deadlines.
- Project Management experience – an asset
- Being able to facilitate large and small meetings as needs dictate.
- Proven interest in everything related to organizational culture, workflow improvement, and business innovation.
- Ability to work well in a team, take initiative and be adaptable.
- Emotional and cultural intelligence.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams in an ever-changing, ambiguous environment; ability to deal with key stakeholders and internal partners (i.e., CBC, Radio-Canada, other teams, etc.); ability to successfully manage external partnerships.
- A drive for Improvement, and business innovation.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Bilingualism (English/French) essential.
- Willingness to travel as needed.
Candidates may be subject to skills and knowledge testing.
If this sounds interesting, please click on ”Apply online”. We thank all applicants for their
interest, but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.