Newmont is the world’s leading gold company and a producer of copper, silver, zinc and lead. The Company’s world-class portfolio of assets, prospects and talent is anchored in favorable mining jurisdictions in North America, South America, Australia and Africa. Newmont is the only gold producer listed in the S&P 500 Index and is widely recognized for its principled environmental, social and governance practices. The Company is an industry leader in value creation, supported by robust safety standards, superior execution and technical proficiency. Newmont was founded in 1921 and has been publicly traded since 1925.
The Senior Nurse is part of the Health and Safety team. The incumbent is responsible for supervising and coordinating the work of the other nurses and for developing the department in order to better meet the needs of Eleonore. The incumbent will be an active member of Eleonore claims management process. This role will require a proactive adaptive approach to a dynamic work environment.
- Oversee the work of your nursing team, assess workers and ensure that the required care is provided
- Establish and coordinate health care services; follow up on case files
- Manage CSST and disability records in collaboration with human resources
- The development, implementation and maintaining current health care policies and procedures with directed initiatives
- Respect, know and promote company regulations and policies, particularly with regard to health and safety
- Solve problems associated with your team and recommend measures to improve your department’s productivity
- Manage staff, evaluate performance and promote employee development
- Help draft your department’s annual budget and ensure the proper management of costs
- All other related tasks as assigned
- Schedule : 14 days of work followed by 14 days off
- University degree or college diploma in Nursing and/or a combination of education and relevant experience
- Certification of studies in the expanded role
- 10 years’ experience in a similar position in the mining or industrial sector
- Good knowledge of MS Office Suite
- Bilingualism essential
- Partnerships and teamwork in a multicultural environment
- Good communication skills, both oral and written
- Ability to analyze and solve problems
- Ability to manage employees and promote employee development
Interested qualified candidates should send their resume via the company’s Web site at www.newmont.com no later than February 24th, 2021.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, we will only contact those selected for an interview.
As an equal opportunity employer, Newmont is committed to diversity, inclusion, and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.