The Senior Mine Planning Engineer is a member of the mine engineering team. He is responsible for coordinating and completing with his team according to the production schedule all designs for the operation of a mining sector up to the extraction of a stope, in close collaboration with the various stakeholders on and off-site.
He is responsible for the medium-term planning team whose role is detailing and optimizing all developments (i.e., ore access and ore drifts) and stopes designs. He ensures that production objectives are met and profitability of the designs is maximized. He will also support the execution of the plan and ensure that all engineering work is completed safely, in compliance with all mining regulations, and in a cost-effective manner and in alignment with the long-term plan.
- Conduct detailed engineering designs for site operations which include development plan, block plans and stope notes.
- Approve plans and stope notes required to advance the work within the time frame specified in the production schedule.
- Lead technical mining studies involving different areas of expertise that may include consultants
- Conduct underground visits to validate elements in the mining sector or stope evaluations.
- Report progress and gains in relation to the design process at the mine.
- Perform trade-off scenario evaluations considering financial, execution time and operation risks notions.
- Provide data required in the production schedule for the execution of a mining sector or a stope.
- Complete back-analysis on mining sectors or stopes.
- Work closely with the long-term planning and execution teams, other members of the technical services department and operations.
- Respect, know and promote the regulations and policies of the company, especially in health & safety.
- All task related to the performance of his duties.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mining Engineering
- Minimum of seven (7) years of relevant experience
- Member of the Ordre des ingénieurs du Québec
- Mining modules 1 to 5 and 7
- Valid General Explosives Permit
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Adaptability and attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral)
- Sense of organization
- Analytical, creative and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in a remote location and in a multicultural environment
- Strong computer skills: o Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.)
- CAD and scheduling software. Proficiency in Deswik software would be considered an asset
- Bilingualism (French and English)
- Schedule : 8 days of work followed by 6 days off, 4 days of work followed by 3 days off, 4 days of work followed by 3 days off
Interested qualified candidates should send their resume via the company’s Web site at https://jobs.newmont.com/job/Rouyn-Noranda-Senior-Mine-Planning-Engineer-QC/796975200/ no later than October 22nd, 2021.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, we will only contact those selected for an interview.
As an equal opportunity employer, Newmont is committed to diversity, inclusion, and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.