- Period Of EmploymentFull Time
- Job Location Outside Communities
- Education Level Undergraduate Degree (B.A.)
Réf. : ELE00002624
Newmont Goldcorp is the world’s leading gold company and a producer of copper, silver, zinc and lead. The Company’s world-class portfolio of assets, prospects and talent is anchored in favorable mining jurisdictions in North America, South America, Australia and Africa. Newmont Goldcorp is the only gold producer listed in the S&P 500 Index and is widely recognized for its principled environmental, social and governance practices. The Company is an industry leader in value creation, supported by robust safety standards, superior execution and technical proficiency. Newmont Goldcorp was founded in 1921 and has been publicly traded since 1925.
The Senior Metallurgist is part of the process sector team and reports to the Head Metallurgist. He/She is responsible for process optimization and metallurgical compatibility. He/She ensures that objectives related to production, metallurgical performance, operational cost, health and safety and environment are met. The Senior Metallurgist adheres to the company’s principles by adopting management practices oriented toward sustainable development and operational excellence and by upholding the organization’s code of conduct.
- Provide technical metallurgy support for operations: crushing, grinding, gravimetry, flotation, filtration, cyanidation/CIP/elution, destruction of cyanide and paste fill, water treatment.
- Oversee, daily and from the perspective of continuous improvement, the achievement of the plant’s objectives and the stability of the process.
- Coordinate and supervise the activities of the refinery and the metallurgy laboratory.
- Plan and coordinate laboratory tests to optimize metallurgical performance based on established priorities.
- Validate the metallurgical balances and track performance indicators.
- Investigate OHS and environmental events or production losses, establish action plans and monitor their progress.
- Respect, know and promote company regulations and policies, particularly with regard to health and safety.
- Oversee the technological development of the concentrator, in partnership with the operations, electrical, instrumentation and mechanical group.
- Develop and update tracking tools for operations and projects in development.
- Perform all other tasks related to the performance of his/her duties
- Schedule : 14 days of work followed by 14 days off
- Bachelor of process engineering, chemical engineering, materials and metallurgical engineering or mining engineering, ore treatment option
- Minimum of 8 years of relevant experience
- Experience in mining and/or metallurgical plants
- Experience starting a concentrator (an asset)
- Experience in developing and executing plant projects
- Sense of responsibility, detail and leadership
- Ability to analyze and solve problems
- Sense of organization and prioritization in a multi-tasking environment
- Good written and oral communications skills
- Partnerships and teamwork in a multicultural environment
Interested qualified candidates should send their resume via the company’s Web site at https://goldcorp.referrals.selectminds.com/jobs/m%C3%A9tallurgiste-s%C3%A9nior-2127 no later than December 18th, 2019.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, we will only contact those selected for an interview.
As an equal opportunity employer, Newmont Goldcorp is committed to diversity, inclusion, and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.