- Period Of Employment14/14 Rotation
- Period Of EmploymentFly-In/Fly-Out
Ref. : 28194
Newmont is the world’s leading gold company and a producer of copper, silver, zinc and lead. The Company’s world-class portfolio of assets, prospects and talent is anchored in favorable mining jurisdictions in North America, South America, Australia and Africa. Newmont is the only gold producer listed in the S&P 500 Index and is widely recognized for its principled environmental, social and governance practices. The Company is an industry leader in value creation, supported by robust safety standards, superior execution and technical proficiency. Newmont was founded in 1921 and has been publicly traded since 1925.
The Senior Metallurgist is a member of the process team and reports to the Operations and Metallurgy Superintendent. They are responsible for process optimization and metallurgical accounting. The Senior Metallurgist ensures that production, metallurgical performance, operational cost, health and safety and environmental objectives are met. They must subscribe to the company’s principles of sustainable management and excellence and follow the organization’s code of conduct.
- Provide metallurgical technical support for the following operations: crushing, grinding, gravimetry, flotation, filtration, cyanidation/CIP/elution, cyanide destruction, paste backfill and industrial wastewater treatment plant (IWTP) operations.
- Ensure that the plant’s objectives are achieved and that the process is stable on a daily basis with a view to continuous improvement.
- Coordinate and manage the refinery and metallurgical laboratory supervisors.
- Oversee gold production and quality control.
- Plan and coordinate lab tests to optimize metallurgical performance based on established priorities.
- Participate in monitoring analysis laboratory quality control and make proposals and recommendations for improving practices.
- Be the go-to person for short-term technical and OHS decisions for the concentrator and the IWTP.
- Validate metallurgical balances and performance indicator reports.
- Review month-end reports and oversee metallurgical accounting.
- Investigate OHS events, environmental incidents and production losses and draw up and implement appropriate action plans.
- Coordinate projects and activities with corporate metallurgy teams.
- Know, follow and support company rules and policies, especially concerning health and safety.
- Ensure the technological development of the concentrator in collaboration with operations, electrical, instrumentation and mechanical groups.
- Develop and maintain monitoring tools for operations and projects under development.
- Carry out all tasks required to perform the duties of the position.
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in process engineering, chemical engineering, materials and metallurgical engineering or mining engineering with mineral processing option
- Minimum of eight years of experience in the mining industry
- Good computer skills, familiarity with MS Office Suite
- Experience in mining and/or metallurgical plants
- Experience in developing and implementing projects in a plant environment
- Bilingual (English/French)
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Sense of responsibility, attention to detail and leadership skills
- Staff and asset management skills
- Ability to adapt
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong organizational, prioritization and multi-tasking skills
- Good communication skills (oral and written)
- Ability to work with others in a multicultural environment
- Schedule: 14 days of work followed by 14 days off
- Eleonore mine site (Fly-in, Fly-out)
Interested qualified candidates should send their resume via the company’s Web site at www.newmont.com/careers no later than April 26, 2023.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, we will only contact those selected for an interview.
As an equal opportunity employer, Newmont is committed to diversity, inclusion, and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Conformément aux valeurs de sécurité et de responsabilité de Newmont, nous pensons que la vaccination contre le COVID-19 est un outil essentiel pour lutter contre cette pandémie et protéger la santé et la sécurité de la main-d’oeuvre de Newmont et des communautés dans lesquelles nous travaillons et vivons. Par conséquent, si vous recevez une offre d’emploi pour ce poste, il vous sera demandé de fournir une déclaration confirmant que vous êtes entièrement vacciné contre le COVID-19 avant la date prévue de votre entrée en fonction, et il pourra également vous être demandé de fournir une preuve de vaccination avant la date prévue de votre entrée en fonction, ou à une date ultérieure à la demande de Newmont. Newmont examinera les demandes individuelles d’exemption/accommodement raisonnable des candidats qui ne peuvent pas être entièrement vaccinés pour des raisons médicales ou pour d’autres motifs protégés par la législation applicable en matière de droits de l’homme.