- Period Of EmploymentContract
- Job Location Outside Communities
- Education Level Undergraduate Degree (B.A.)
The Senior Metallurgist is part of the process sector team and reports to the Head Metallurgist. The Senior Metallurgist is responsible for process optimization and metallurgical compatibility. The Senior Metallurgist ensures that objectives related to production, metallurgical performance, operational cost, health and safety and environment are met. The Senior Metallurgist adheres to the company’s principles by adopting management practices oriented toward sustainable development and operational excellence and by upholding the organization’s code of conduct.
- Provide technical metallurgy support for operations: crushing, grinding, gravimetry, flotation, filtration, cyanidation/CIP/elution, destruction of cyanide and paste fill, water treatment.
- Oversee, daily and from the perspective of continuous improvement, the achievement of the plant’s objectives and the stability of the process.
- Coordinate and supervise the activities of the refinery and the metallurgy laboratory.
- Plan and coordinate laboratory tests to optimize metallurgical performance based on established priorities.
- Validate the metallurgical balances and track performance indicators.
- Investigate OHS and environmental events or production losses, establish action plans and monitor their progress.
- Respect, know and promote company regulations and policies, particularly with regard to health and safety
- Oversee the technological development of the mill, in partnership with the operations, electrical, instrumentation and mechanical group.
- Develop and update tracking tools for operations and projects in development.
- Perform all other tasks related to the performance of their duties.
- Schedule: 8 days of work followed by 6 days of rest
- Bachelor of process engineering, chemical engineering, materials and metallurgical engineering or mining engineering, ore treatment option
- Minimum of 8 years of relevant experience
- Experience in mining and/or metallurgical plants
- Experience starting a mill (an asset)
- Experience in developing and executing plant projects
- Sense of responsibility, detail and leadership
- Ability to analyze and solve problems
- Sense of organization and prioritization in a multi-tasking environment
- Good spoken and written communication skills
- Partnerships and teamwork in a multicultural environment
Interested persons must send us their résumés via the corporate website at https://jobs.newmont.com/job/Rouyn-Noranda-Senior-MetallurgistM%C3%A9tallurgiste-S%C3%A9nior-QC/772719800/ no later than August 19th, 2021.
We thank all the applicants for their interest. However, we will only communicate with the persons selected for an interview.
As an employer subscribing to the principle of equal access to employment, Newmont is committed to favour diversity, inclusion and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Arrangements may be made on request for candidates participating in all aspects of the selection process.