The Senior Financial Analyst is part of the Finance and Accounting team. Reporting directly to the Site Business Manager, you will play a key role in the yearly budgeting process as well as in all periodical financial forecasts. On top of supporting investment decisions with analysis and financial modeling, you will participate in the production, validation and analysis of non- consolidated financial results for internal management purposes with a focus on costs analysis. You will communicate easily in French and English to fulfill a compliance role and to support and advise operational managers to ensure compliance and improvement of internal controls as well as compliance with IFRS norms. You will also promote Newmont values and ensure compliance and enforcement of its rules and business principles.
- Participate in the yearly budgeting process as well as the periodic financial forecasts, in collaboration with the mine site departments and the corporate business planning team
- Develop and maintain costs analysis reports and generate pertinent financial analysis of the financial data
- Support the direction and decisions made regarding investments with various analysis tools such as the financial modeling tool
- Analyze and validate gold and sub-product sales transactions and other items associated with the revenue cycle and inventory tracking
- Analyze and monitor complex accounting transactions, including lease agreements, debt and assets monitoring related to the decommissioning, restoration and rehabilitation of the environment, royalties and various capitalized collaboration agreements
- Carry out key steps in the process of closing the books, transferring data for consolidation of validation and editing of periodic financial statements
- Update and improve descriptions of processes and internal controls
- Respect, know and promote company regulations and policies, particularly with regard to health and safety
- All other related tasks
- Newmont Montreal Office
- 5 days of work followed by 2 days off
- University degree in Accounting or Business administration
- Minimum of 5 years of business experience in a similar position
- Professional Accountant title
- Good computer knowledge and Integrated software system (SAP is an asset)
- Bilingualism (French and English are essential)
- Ability to analyze and solve problems
- Organizational skills
- Teamwork in a multicultural environment
Interested qualified candidates should send their resume via the company’s Web site at www.newmont.com/careers no later than August, 16, 2020.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, we will only contact those selected for an interview.
As an equal opportunity employer, Newmont is committed to diversity, inclusion, and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.