Application deadline date has been passed for this Job.
This job has been Expired
- Period Of EmploymentFull Time
- Job Location Outside Communities
Job Family Communications
Primary Location Montreal
Position Language Requirement Bilingual (English / French)
Language Skill Level (Reading) B
Language Skill Level (Writing) B
Language Skill Level (Speaking) B
Status of Employment Permanent
Work schedule(s) Full-time
Work at CBC/Radio-Canada
At CBC/Radio-Canada, we create content that informs, entertains and connects Canadians on multiple platforms. Our successes and accomplishments are driven by embodying and upholding values, which include creativity, integrity, inclusiveness and relevance.
Do you think you have the ability and drive to keep up with this exciting, ever-changing industry? Whether it be in front of the camera, on air, online or behind the scenes, you would be joining a team that thrives on making connections and telling stories that are important to Canadians.
Reporting to the Senior Director, Corporate Communications, you are responsible for developing a corporate-wide internal and external communications strategy to position CBC/Radio-Canada’s diversity and inclusion initiatives. Part of your role will be to establish and execute communications plans that support this strategic pillar, targeting both internal and external audiences. You will also be an official, active member of the Diversity and Inclusion Working Group.
This position can be based in Montreal or Toronto or Ottawa.
Your main missions :
Strategic Planning and Execution
- Develop and execute an internal and external communications strategy for CBC/Radio-Canada’s Diversity and Inclusion Working Group in support of the organization’s strategic plan and values.
- Develop, implement and execute communications activities and vehicles (news releases, newsletters, town halls, FAQs, key messages, internal memos, social media posts) to promote the initiatives taken by the President & CEO and the Diversity & Inclusion Working Group.
- Work closely with the CBC Engagement & Inclusion and Radio-Canada Community Inclusion teams to develop strategic communications and ensure corporate-wide alignment of D&I initiatives.
- Develop CBC/Radio-Canada’s positioning as an inclusive workplace that reflects Canadian diversity in accordance with Corporate Communications and People & Culture objectives.
- Advise on best practices for communicating in an inclusive, multicultural environment. Develop and execute creative, innovative, high-impact initiatives to support that positioning.
- Advise and work closely with CBC/Radio-Canada brand managers to protect the Corporation’s reputation and identify any potential reputational risks.
- Advise and work closely with the English and French Services Communications teams to address or resolve issues that could affect the brand’s reputation.
Building and Maintaining Strategic Relationships
- Be an official, active member of the Diversity and Inclusion Working Group. Develop strong, collaborative relationships with each member, based on an understanding of the issues. Generate new ideas, contribute to strategic thinking, and act as an influencer and catalyst within the group.
- Work closely with the English and French Services internal communications teams.
- Build and maintain strategic relationships with the President’s Office in order to identify opportunities to highlight the public broadcaster’s diversity and inclusion successes.
We are looking for a candidate with the following:
- Five to 7 years’ experience in a communications advisory role.
- Deep knowledge and understanding of Canadian diversity.
- Solid understanding of the business challenges associated with multiculturalism in Canada.
- Creative, open mind and solid grasp of business issues.
- Emotional and cultural intelligence.
- Bilingualism (English/French), spoken and written.
- Strong writing skills.
Candidates may be subject to skills and knowledge testing.
If this sounds interesting, please click on ”Apply online”. We thank all applicants for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
CBC/Radio-Canada is committed to being a leader in reflecting our country’s diversity. That’s because we can only create and tell the stories that connect Canadians, by having a workforce that mirrors the ever-changing makeup of our country. That’s why we, as an employer, value equal opportunity and nurture an inclusive workplace where our individual differences are not only recognized and valued, but also extend to and pervade all the services we provide as Canada’s public broadcaster. For more information, visit the Diversity and Inclusion section of our website. If you have accommodation needs at this stage of the recruitment process, please inform us as soon as possible by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You are invited to consult and familiarize yourself with our Code of Conduct, which can be found on our corporate website. All employees must adhere to the Code as a condition of employment. We also invite you to take a look at our policy on conflicts of interest. In the event that you become an employee, it will be important to inform us, as quickly as possible, of any situation that, because of your hiring, constitutes or could appear to constitute a conflict of interest.
Wherever in the wording of the job description either gender is used, it shall be understood to include all genders.
Job Posting Date
Jul 31, 2020, 11:22:48 AM
Aug 14, 2020, 11:59:00 PM