Job Family Communications
Reporting to the Senior Director, Corporate Communications, you are responsible for developing a corporate-wide internal and external communications strategy to position CBC/Radio-Canada’s diversity and inclusion initiatives. Part of your role will be to establish and execute communications plans that support this strategic pillar, targeting both internal and external audiences. You will also be an official, active member of the Diversity and Inclusion Working Group.
This position can be based in Montreal or Toronto or Ottawa.
Your main missions :
Strategic Planning and Execution
- Develop and execute an internal and external communications strategy for CBC/Radio-Canada’s Diversity and Inclusion Working Group in support of the organization’s strategic plan and values.
- Develop, implement and execute communications activities and vehicles (news releases, newsletters, town halls, FAQs, key messages, internal memos, social media posts) to promote the initiatives taken by the President & CEO and the Diversity & Inclusion Working Group.
- Work closely with the CBC Engagement & Inclusion and Radio-Canada Community Inclusion teams to develop strategic communications and ensure corporate-wide alignment of D&I initiatives.
- Develop CBC/Radio-Canada’s positioning as an inclusive workplace that reflects Canadian diversity in accordance with Corporate Communications and People & Culture objectives.
- Advise on best practices for communicating in an inclusive, multicultural environment. Develop and execute creative, innovative, high-impact initiatives to support that positioning.
- Advise and work closely with CBC/Radio-Canada brand managers to protect the Corporation’s reputation and identify any potential reputational risks.
- Advise and work closely with the English and French Services Communications teams to address or resolve issues that could affect the brand’s reputation.
Building and Maintaining Strategic Relationships
- Be an official, active member of the Diversity and Inclusion Working Group. Develop strong, collaborative relationships with each member, based on an understanding of the issues. Generate new ideas, contribute to strategic thinking, and act as an influencer and catalyst within the group.
- Work closely with the English and French Services internal communications teams.
- Build and maintain strategic relationships with the President’s Office in order to identify opportunities to highlight the public broadcaster’s diversity and inclusion successes.
- Five to 7 years’ experience in a communications advisory role.
- Deep knowledge and understanding of Canadian diversity.
- Solid understanding of the business challenges associated with multiculturalism in Canada.
- Creative, open mind and solid grasp of business issues.
- Emotional and cultural intelligence.
- Bilingualism (English/French), spoken and written.
- Strong writing skills.
Job Posting Date
Jul 31, 2020, 11:22:48 AM
Aug 14, 2020, 11:59:00 PM