You are passionate and experienced in providing senior administrative support, project management and community engagement through your professional experience and/or your community work. You will work closely with the Engagement and Inclusion Indigenous Advisors in the development of the National Indigenous Strategy and help the public broadcaster deepen its connections with Indigenous communities so as to increase their representation in our workforce and content.
The Senior Administrator monitors, supervises and coordinates the activities and operations of the Indigenous Strategy team including purchasing, budgeting,accounting, personnel, information technology, and administrative support programs and services; supervises and directs assigned professional and administrative support staff; coordinates assigned activities with other divisions, departments and outside agencies; and provides highly responsible and complex administrative support to assigned advisors. We require someone who can coordinate and properly serve our stakeholders, support our own employees, and to act as a liaison between the regions, and committees built around this work,
Please note the successful candidate can be based from anywhere across the country.
This position offers accommodation opportunities such as telework/ remote and flexible schedules.
As the Indigenous Engagement Senior Administrator, you will have the following responsibilities:
- Assist and participate in developing effective working relationships with Indigenous institutions, associations, and communities.
- Builds effective and efficient administrative procedures to support the overall team strategy.
- Coordinate and monitor project activities and resources that support the development of the Indigenous Strategy Team.
- Monitor all projects to ensure they are completed on time, on budget, and within the scope and that they are of the proper quality.
- Consult and inform external departments including Communications, Marketing, Brand and Research (CMBR), Content and Media Preservation, Corporate Communications, Legal, Finance, and Business and Rights on required protocol and documentation.
- Inform the finance team of expenditures as necessary for forecasting.
- Create, develop, and maintain departmental databases, records, and information systems.
- Help provide CBC/Radio-Canada and its suppliers with greater access to Indigenous talent.
- Participate in the coordination of engagement opportunities with Indigenous communities.
- Review contracts and project participant mandates cover all the project needs.
- Assist in maintaining effective and good working relationships with the various components reporting to the Indigenous Advisors and Strategic Lead.
- Perform specialized clerical and/or administrative tasks in support of the National Indigenous Strategy.
- Organize and arrange meetings, conferences and staff functions, including accommodations and facilities.
- Prepare written and visual material, agendas and minutes as required.
- Oversee the administration of the Advisor’s activities including travel support.
- Prepare and process HR administrative documents, as required, and other confidential communication.
- Assist in procurement and track contract payment terms, deliverables, and invoices, advising the finance team of expenditures as necessary for forecasting.
- Assist in record and information management.
- Compile information and prepare ad-hoc and ongoing reports, correspondence, and analyses, involving research, collection and compilation of data and documents, including those of a confidential or sensitive nature for the purposes of confidential HR matters including staff development, succession planning, workforce planning as well as audience research and content evaluation.
- Coordinate the logistic aspects of an Indigenous Strategy including planning and managing meetings, organizing translation, preparing kits, etc.
- University Certification, diploma, or degree in an appropriate discipline with at least three years of practical and relevant experience performing administrative duties, including tracking data in various systems, updating spreadsheets and databases, answering client inquiries, reconciling financial data, etc.
- A strong connection to Indigenous Communities with a deep knowledge and understanding of Indigenous diversity – required.
- Bilingualism (English/French – spoken and written).
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, oral and written.
- Skilled at presenting ideas, documenting processes and workflows, and designing systems.
- Tact, diplomacy, and ability to maintain high levels of discretion and confidentiality are essential.
- Self-motivated, dynamic and proactive and organized.
- Broad knowledge and understanding of CBC/Radio-Canada’s or similar organizational structure, goals and policies – asset.
- Successful at coordinating multiple projects simultaneously while working with tight deadlines.
- Project Management experience – an asset
- Must be able to work with internal communication interfaces and apps including, but not limited to: Google (Docs, Sheets, Slides), Microsoft (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), iO, LiveLink, SAP, ScheduAll, TEMS, Maintenance Connection, FIRSTs, ePCB.
- Good skills in data analysis with spreadsheet features and cross-pivot tables.
- Ability to take notes and meeting minutes efficiently using a computer (fast typing technique at keyboard).
- Knowledge of Health, Safety and Environment – asset.
- Knowledge and use of social media platforms
- Willingness to travel as needed
Job Posting Date
Oct 20, 2021, 12:56:45 PM
Nov 10, 2021, 2:59:00 AM