Réf. : 3584
The Security Operations Supervisor is responsible for supervising the protection of all employees and assets through the effective and efficient use of human resources, physical and electronic equipment. Effectively control or minimize any security and safety hazards typically associated with threats and risks related to mining precious metals in a complex environment.
- Apply the best practices of industrial security to the protection of Company personnel, assets, operations, processes and product
- Assess, deploy and control all Security staff and contractors in accordance with the Security threats and risks on the operation and projects
- Organize, maintain and supervise security for Eléonore mine site and projects in the area, camps, and production facilities. Ensure the optimum safety of all employees and equipment under his control
- Implement, monitor and supervise a plan for effective and efficient security
- Conduct Security interventions according to approved plans
- Supervise all security elements of critical production processes to include production, sampling, storage and shipment
- Ensure that the Security work force and related resources are sufficient to implement the security plan
- Ensure the control of entry and exit of people and materials
- Efficient use of physical and electronic security
- Train and develop security personnel to ensure continuous performance improvement.
- Ensure effective safety of hazardous materials including weapons, explosives and related materials on site
- Execute departmental tasks and responsibilities in situations of crisis and emergency.
- Ensure coordination, communication and mutual support with the police according to law and MOU´s
- Carry out corrective actions to address issues identified in the Security and safety audits.
- Optimize the departmental budget
- Ensure the department’s compliance with security, environmental, health and safety and social legislation and company regulations
- The duties and responsibilities listed above are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all-inclusive
- Formal training or higher education in security
- Police or military service is desirable, if not essential
- Experience in setting up contemporary security systems within challenging environments. Experience in the gold mining or diamond industry is desirable, if not essential
- Minimum of 3 years in positions of increasing responsibilities of supervision
- Should have experience working or managing third party Contracted Security providers
- Knowledge and experience in safety management
- Skills in investigation, interviews and consultations
- Crisis management experience
- Oral and written communication in French and English
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Leadership experience in challenging roles comparable to Eléonore operating context.
- Demonstrate motivation, problem solving and prioritization abilities
- Effectively communicate and liaise with all levels and categories of employees
- Must be able to work outside in all weather conditions
- Walk on rough, uneven, inclined and wet terrain
- Wear personal protective equipment including hard hat, steel toe shoes, safety glasses, respirators, self-contained breathing apparatus, earplugs, gloves, protective equipment and gear or any other equipment to perform duties safely as required by the health and safety plan
Interested qualified candidates should send their resume via the company’s Web site at www.newmont.com/careers no later than June 7, 2020.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, we will only contact those selected for an interview.
As an equal opportunity employer, Newmont is committed to diversity, inclusion, and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.