OPEN POSITION: SECURITY GUARD (Temporary)
LOCATION OF WORK: WASKAGANISH – ADULT LEARNING CENTRE
COMPETITION NUMBER: WASK-3747
NATURE OF WORK
The Security Guard is required to guard the Centre against theft and vandalism and to control accessibility to the facility by the public. The incumbent is responsible to maintain and enforce all building codes and regulations during public events as well as, to oversee the facility when it closed. He or she is to ensure that the security system is functioning and that the washrooms, multipurpose room, gymnasium, and other offices or rooms within the Centre, are functioning and/or secured.
- Acts as a resource on security related issues to all members of the Adult Centre.
- Controls the accessibility of the public to the Adult Centre and issue control passes or sign in and direct members or visitors to the appropriate area.
- Regularly patrols the area of the facility inside and outside of the centre in order to guard against theft, vandalism, fire, unlawful entrance, etc., by performing security checks on all exits doors and unlocking the doors to the entrance of the facility when it is necessary.
- Enforces all centre codes and regulations, by-laws, policies, etc. in order to maintain an orderly and safe operations of the facility. (ex. no running in the halls, no hanging over balconies, no entrance to offices or canteen by unauthorized person, etc.). If necessary, removing those who are in violation of these rules and regulations.
- Keeps a daily/nightly record of all security checks, malfunctions, intrusions, broken lights, broken doors, etc., and submit the report to the Building Maintenance Supervisor (exit doors, windows, washrooms, gymnasium, office doors, etc.)
- He may also be required to act as a doorman, night watchman or parking lot attendant.
- If need be, performs any other related tasks.
- Be able to write simple reports;
- Possess basic notions of safety regulations;
- Fluency in English is required;
- Ability to work in French is an asset;
- Ability to speak Cree is required;
- A valid driver’s permit would be an asset.
SALARY AND WORKING CONDITIONS
- Temporary full-time position. End date of mandate
will be June 30, 2021.
- Salary: $19.37/hr
- Northern Allowance: $10,015.00 to $17,652.00
BEGINNING OF EMPLOYMENT
- As soon as possible
Please send your CV by completing the Application Form found HERE.
Please indicate the competition #: WASK-3747
Note that all documents submitted must be in PDF format.
November 17, 2020
END OF POSTING
November 30, 2020 5:00 PM