LOCATION OF WORK
WASWANIPI – SABTUAN REGIONAL VOCATIONAL TRAINING CENTRE
NATURE OF WORK
This position consists of patrolling or monitoring premises to prevent theft, violence, or infractions against the students, the Training Centre and the Student Residence.
- To report any incidents or anomalies within the Residence and Training Centre and its premises;
- To circulate in the Training Centreand the residence to preserve order and discipline;
- To have a knowledge of relevant equipment, policies, procedures and strategies to promote effective security operations for the protection of people, data and property;
- To implement the policies and regulations established by the managers of Vocational Training Centreand residence;
- Must have good observation skills, watch for and submit simple written report of suspicious or unusual activity to the Residence Manager or the appropriate authorities;
- Investigate alarms or noises and assist trespassers off the property;
- Must answer telephone calls, convey messages and forward documents entrusted to him or her;
- In case of fire and other emergencies, the guard should call the fire department or other appropriate services providers.
- If need be, he performs any other related duty.
- Must be able to make quick decisions and take initiative;
- Able to write simple reports;
- Bilingual in English and Cree;
- Knowledge of the French is an asset;
- High level of autonomy and communication skills;
- Have some knowledge of office automation (Word, Excel, etc.);
- Security guard license is an asset;
- Possess basic notions of safety regulations.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
- Part-time position (49.9785%)
- 19.22 hours/week;
- Salary: $19.37/hr
- Northern Allowance: $8,484.00 to $13,573.00
BEGINNING OF EMPLOYMENT:
As soon as possible. Please complete the Application Form found HERE. Please indicate posting #: WASW-3948 Note that all documents submitted must be in PDF format.
DATE OF POSTING: August 9, 2021
END OF POSTING: August 20, 2021 3:00 P.M