OPEN POSITION: SECURITY GUARD (Part-time)
LOCATION OF WORK: WASWANIPI – SABTUAN REGIONAL VOCATIONAL TRAINING CENTRE
COMPETITION NO: WASW-3857
NATURE OF WORK
This position consists of patrolling or monitoring premises to prevent theft, violence, or infractions against the students, the Training Centre and the Student Residence.
- To report any incidents or anomalies within the Residence and Training Centre and its premises;
- To circulate in the Training Centre and the residence to preserve order and discipline;
- To have a knowledge of relevant equipment, policies, procedures and strategies to promote effective security operations for the protection of people, data and property;
- To implement the policies and regulations established by the managers of Vocational Training Centre and residence;
- Must have good observation skills, watch for and submit simple written report of suspicious or unusual activity to the Residence Manager or the appropriate authorities;
- Investigate alarms or noises and assist trespassers off the property;
- Must answer telephone calls, convey messages and forward documents entrusted to him or her;
- In case of fire and other emergencies, the guard should call the fire department or other appropriate services providers.
- If need be, he performs any other related duty.
Must be able to make quick decisions and take initiative;
Able to write simple reports;
Bilingual in English and Cree;
Knowledge of the French is an asset;
High level of autonomy and communication skills;
Have some knowledge of office automation (Word, Excel, etc.);
Security guard license is an asset;
Possess basic notions of safety regulations.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
Part-time position (49.9785%)
Northern Allowance: $8,484.00 to $13,573.00
BEGINNING OF EMPLOYMENT:
As soon as possible
Please complete the Application Form found HERE.
Please indicate posting #: WASW-3857
Note that all documents submitted must be in PDF format.
April 20, 2021
END OF POSTING
May 17, 2021 5:00 PM
In the above text, includes both the masculine and feminine forms