OPEN POSITION: SECRETARY
LOCATION OF WORK: ADULT LEARNING CENTER-MISTISSINI
COMPETITION NUMBER: MIS-3856
NATURE OF WORK
As our secretary, you will work in the brand new, soon-to-open Mistissini Adult Learning Centre. You will use your secretarial skills to support students, staff and adult education partners by answering phones, writing emails, producing documents, and organizing information. You will provide support in both Cree and English, playing an important role in ensuring adults in Mistissini can access education and training opportunities in the community.
If you are looking for a supportive, meaningful and interesting secretarial job in the community of Mistissini, this could be the opportunity for you!
- The employee in this class of employment enters texts and various data into a computer from manuscripts or various sources and produces letters, tables, reports and other documents; verifies the spelling and grammar rules in the texts entered and identifies the corrections to be made; receives and transfers telephone calls and provides general information; updates records and registers and files records and documents; opens and distributes the mail; drafts acknowledgements of receipt, simple letters or notes; finds and collects information to be included on forms that he or she fills out or in reports and correspondence.
- As instructed and within the limits of his or her function, the secretary relays telephone messages and information of a general nature to students, for example, concerning school attendance , takes part in bulk purchases of school supplies and articles by carrying out transcription and verification duties; loans and retrieves books;
- Carries out duties related to the sale of school supplies.
- He or she may be required to compile, verify, and enter data.
- He or she uses a computer dans the necessary software to perform his or her duties related to word processing, database entry, spreadsheets and in-house programs; uses electronic mail and if necessary, carries out research on the Internet. He or she may be required to help, on occasion, colleagues with the common software and programs used.
- The employee may be required to train new secretaries.
- If need be, he or she performs any other related duties
Hold a Diploma of Vocational studies in Secretarial Studies, a secondary School Diploma or a diploma or an attestation of studies recognized as equivalent by the competent authority.
Fluency in English and Cree is required.
Ability to work in French is an asset.
Have a basic knowledge of office automation
Permanent, full-time position
BEGINNING OF EMPLOYMENT
As soon as possible
$20.55/hr to $22.35/hr
Northern Allowance: $8,484.00 – $13,573.00
Please send your CV by completing the Application Form found HERE
Please indicate the competition #: MIS-3856
Note that all documents submitted must be in PDF format.
In you have any questions, contact
DATE OF POSTING:
April 20, 2021
END OF POSTING:
May 17, 2021 5:00 PM
In the above text, the masculine form also includes the feminine form