Department: Sabtuan Adult Education Services
Application Deadline: November 16, 2021 (5:00 PM)
This is an Internal and External posting. Priority shall be given to Cree Beneficiaries.
Sabtuan Adult Education Services is seeking a dynamic, experienced professional to teach the upcoming Secretarial Studies program in the Cree Nation of Wemindji.
In this job, you will:
- Prepare and deliver the course using Quebec curriculum/modules.
- Develop, administer, and mark exams.
- Evaluate students through the completion of the program.
- Communicate details about attendance and student progress to administration.
- Maintain the safety of the teaching environment.
The ideal candidate is:
- Patient, knowledgeable, and passionate about helping others build their skills.
- Experienced in teaching, training, and/or presenting information.
- Interested in working in a beautiful, serene Northern Indigenous community and support Cree capacity building.
The Secretarial Studies program (program code 5857) is a 1,485-hour, full-time accredited vocational program. The teacher will be responsible for teaching and evaluating all required competencies. Program information is available at inforouteftp.org.
- Degree or diploma from a recognized University or College in a relevant discipline (or equivalent combination of education, training and relevant experience).
- 5+ years of experience in related field.
- Fluent in English with working knowledge of French (Cree language is an asset).
- Qualifications for teaching in Quebec and Canada are definite assets.
Salary as per the contract: $42,341 to $82,585
Northern Allowance: $10,015 to $17,652
Retention Premium: $5,500 to $7,000
Contract position, according to the Collective Agreement.
Start date to be discussed.
To apply, please complete the Application Form here.
Please indicate the competition number #WEM-4066.
All documents must be submitted in PDF format.