WE ARE HIRING A TEACHER FOR THE SECRETARIAL STUDIES PROGRAM
Please indicate the competition number: WEM-4317
Department: Sabtuan Adult Education Services
Application Deadline: August 12, 2022 (3:00 PM)
Sabtuan Adult Education Services is seeking a dynamic, experienced professional to teach the upcoming Secretarial Studies program in the Cree Nation of Wemindji.
In this job, you will:
- Prepare and deliver the course using Quebec curriculum/modules.
- Develop, administer, and mark exams.
- Evaluate students through the completion of the program.
- Communicate details about attendance and student progress to administration.
- Maintain the safety of the teaching environment.
The ideal candidate is:
- Patient, knowledgeable, and passionate about helping others build their skills.
- Experienced in teaching, training, and/or presenting information.
- Interested in working in a beautiful, serene Northern Indigenous community and support Cree capacity building.
- Degree or diploma from a recognized University or College in a relevant discipline (or equivalent combination of education, training and relevant experience).
- 5+ years of experience in related field.
- Fluent in English with working knowledge of French (Cree language is an asset).
- Qualifications for teaching in Quebec and Canada are definite assets.
Salary as per the contract: $42,341 to $82,585
Northern Allowance: $10,015 to $17,652
Retention Premium: $5,500 to $7,000
Contract position, according to the Collective Agreement.
Start date to be discussed
The Secretarial Studies program (program code 5857) is a 1,485-hour, full-time accredited vocational program. The teacher will be responsible for teaching and evaluating all required competencies. Program information is available at inforouteftp.org.
More information on working for the Cree School Board is available at eeyoueducation.ca/org/join. You may also send any questions about the position to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply, please complete the application form here. All documents must be submitted in PDF format.