- Period Of EmploymentFull Time
- Job Location Mistissini
- Education Level High School Diploma
Career Opportunity: Secretary
Department: Apatisiiwin Skills Development
Salary Grade 2: (Min. $35,737.00 – Max. $47,709.00)
The Secretary is responsible for the reception desk and the accomplishment of secretarial duties.
- Oversee the department’s incoming and outgoing correspondences by providing general information and/or relaying them to the appropriate employee and/or department (i.e. answering phone calls, in-person inquiries, emails, faxes and messages).
- Greet visitors and determine whether they should be given access to the department offices and/or specific individuals.
- Administer and coordinate various department-related activities such as setting up appointments, arranging travel schedules, making reservations, coordinating equipment and catering needs, preparing meeting notices, and recording the minutes of meetings.
- Maintain office addresses and contact lists.
- Order office supplies and promotional materials for ASD offices.
- Assist in processing travel claims, typing and formatting documents, entering data and filing.
- Ensure that public areas are accessible at regular office hours and are secure after office hours.
- Ensure that public areas are properly maintained.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge and skills in area(s) of responsibility.
- Perform other duties as required.
- High School Diploma.
- One year or less of relevant work experience.
- Fluency in verbal Cree.
- Fluency in English.
- Fluency in French is an asset.
Knowledge and Abilities
- Customer-focused and service-oriented.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to be discreet and maintain confidentiality.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Organizational skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products.
- Typical office setting where there are no unusual physical demands.
The Cree Nation Government may, at its discretion, waive any or all of the aforementioned requirements if a suitable candidate who is a JBNQA beneficiary accepts to follow a training plan determined by the Cree Nation Government as a condition of employment.
From April 7, 2021 to April 23, 2021
Your application must be sent by email with the competition number: ASD-210401-1