- Period Of Employment14/14 Rotation
Newmont is the world’s leading gold company and a producer of copper, silver, zinc and lead. The Company’s world-class portfolio of assets, prospects and talent is anchored in favourable mining jurisdictions in North America, South America, Australia and Africa. Newmont is the only gold producer listed in the S&P 500 Index and is widely recognized for its principled environmental, social and governance practices. The Company is an industry leader in value creation, supported by robust safety standards, superior execution and technical proficiency. Newmont was founded in 1921 and has been publicly traded since 1925.
The Scooptram Operator is part of the Mining Operations Team. The Scooptram clears development and production areas using a scooptram loader.
- Clear development and production areas
- Wash and scale its work area
- Clear ore piles using a scooptram loader
- Operate a remote scooptram loader
- Respect, know and promote company regulations and policies, particularly with regard to health and safety
- All other related tasks
- Vocational Studies Diploma in ore extraction or a combination of relevant studies and experience
- One (1) to two (2) years’ experience
- Valid explosives permit
- Valid driver’s licence
- Mining modules 1 to 5 and 7
- Bilingualism (Asset)
- Ability to analyze and solve problems.
- Teamwork in a multicultural environment
- Organizational skills
WORKPLACE AND WORK SCHEDULE
- Schedule: 14 days of work followed by 14 days of rest
- Éléonore mine site (Fly-in, Fly-out)
Interested persons must send us their résumés via the corporate website at www.newmont.com no later than January 15, 2023.
We thank all the applicants for their interest. However, we will only communicate with those selected for an interview.
As an employer subscribing to the principle of equal access to employment, Newmont is committed to promoting diversity, inclusion and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Arrangements may be made on request for candidates participating in all aspects of the selection process. In line with Newmont’s values of safety and responsibility, we believe that vaccination against COVID-19 is an essential tool in fighting this pandemic and protecting the health and safety of Newmont’s workforce and communities in which we work and live. Therefore, if you receive a job offer for this position, you will be asked to provide a statement confirming that you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 before your expected start date, and you may also be requested to provide proof of vaccination prior to your scheduled start date, or at a later date if requested by Newmont. Newmont will consider individual waiver/reasonable accommodation requests from applicants who cannot be fully immunized for medical or other reasons protected by applicable human rights law.