|Position: SCOOP OPERATOR
Sub-department: Underground operations
Schedule: 14 days of work followed by 14 days off
Location: Renard mine
Homeports: Chibougamau-Chapais, Val d’Or, Quebec and St-Hubert airports
Posting date: February 23, 2021
Deadline to apply: March 16, 2021
Stornoway is recruiting a Scoop Operator. Reporting to the underground operations foreman, the scoop operator will be required to operate a scoop used to move blasted rock and load trucks.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Check and properly maintain the equipment;
- Safely operate the scoop from a loading area to an unloading area;
- Ensure the activity-related tasks are performed efficiently and safely;
- Work closely with all operators and teammates;
- Secure their work area;
- Actively participate in the planning, health and safety and training meetings;
- Adequately complete daily reports and other documents;
- Observe the work-related laws, rules and procedures;
- Perform all other related tasks.
- Vocational diploma (DEP) in Ore Extraction or relevant experience;
- Completed FMTM modules 1 to 5, 7 and 10;
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license;
- Valid General Explosives Permit;
- Interested in working underground;
- Self-sufficient and resourceful;
- Ability to work in a team;
- Excellent organizational and task performance skills;
- Ability to work proactively and efficiently;
- Versatility and flexibility in performing tasks;
- Exemplary attitude regarding Health and Safety;
- Ability to communicate by radio in English and/or French.
The use of the masculine gender is intended solely to lighten the text and refers to both women and men.
Stornoway Diamonds is committed to the principle of employment equity. Our people are our most valuable asset and our goal is to create an inclusive and equitable environment where everyone can reach their true potential.
Stornoway Diamonds does not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment. All personnel decisions, including hiring decisions, will be based on the company’s skills and needs. We welcome applications from qualified individuals from a variety of backgrounds.
Thank you for your interest in Stornoway Diamonds, please note that only online applications will be considered.
Please ensure that your profile is complete and up-to-date.
We will only contact you if your application is selected for an interview.