To be determined – Across the 9 communities of the Board
NATURE OF WORK
The Vice-Principal is a pedagogical leader, under the direct supervision of the school Principal, who assists in ensuring the Quebec Ministry of Education’s programs of study, Cree School Board curriculums, and policies are implemented to maximize student learning experiences. As a member of the school administrative team, the Vice-Principal assumes the responsibilities of the school Principal in the latter’s absence and supports the team by performing any duties assigned by the school Principal.
- Monitor and assist in the implementation of, the Cree School Board Guaranteed and Viable Curriculum and supporting literacy programs.
- Ensures adequate and approved pedagogical resources are provided to support teachers and the curricula.
- Supports and assists in implementing approved student evaluation and assessment policies and measures;
- Monitors and assists in implementing the policies, procedures and code of conduct of the school and board.
- Maintains a safe school environment through addressing discipline and safety issues that arise.
- Assists in the leadership of school improvement efforts established by the board and in the development, implementation, and support of the Local School Improvement Plan (LSIP).
- Supervises instruction in the classroom through regular weekly walkthroughs.
- Assists in the hiring of regular, substitute, or replacement personnel as required.
- Participates in training and meetings required at the school and board level.
- Carries out any other task or function identified by the school Principal.
- REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
- A bachelor’s degree or training requiring at least sixteen (16) years of schooling in a relevant field of specialization.
- A permanent teaching permit issued by the Minister of Education (brevet d’enseignement).
- Three (3) years of relevant experience.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Knowledge of the Cree language and/or French is an asset.
- Administrative or teaching experience in First Nations Education is a determining asset.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT*
- Depending on the location, the positions available and the employment conditions described in this section may vary.
- Type of position: Either replacement full-time position for an undetermined period or full-time permanent positions depending on vacancies.
- Starting Date: To be determined.
- Annual Salary: Minimum: $84,166.00 Maximum: $112,219.00
- Northern Allowance: $8,484.00 to $17,652.00
- Retention Premium: $3,500.00 to $7,000.00
- *Given the current salary regulations and guidelines at the Cree School Board, candidates from another Quebec School Board will be able to obtain a salary as per the scale above-mentioned. However, candidates that are not from the education sector are not eligible to a salary above the midpoint of the position’s salary scale.
Please complete the Application Form found here: https://eeyoueducation.ca/org/join/principals Candidates are required to attend an in-person assessment as part of the selection process.
The upcoming assessment date is scheduled for October 22, 2021.