Job Posting Number: P-1920-0909
1. About this job posting
2. About this position
Person who does design, guidance, counselling, implementation, analysis and assessment work in one or more social programs.
The social worker based at Chisasibi’s high school carries out her/his role within the policy principles and guidelines of Miyupimaatisiiun paradigms and practices, and Cree social services model more especially for the Uschiniichisuu program of the Community Miyupimaatisiiun Centres (CMC) of Chisasibi.
The Uschiniichisuu program which is a whole set of integrated services for youth care. These services include the school health program, psychosocial support, nutrition and teen clinics, immunization, oral health, NNADAP, and mental health program when applicable, and other related programs.
The school-based social worker carries out the following specific functions:
- Performs assessment (individual & family);
- Offers attendance counselling;
- Provides consultation and coaching to school staff;
- Intervenes in case of crisis;
- Provides individual counselling;
- Organizes Group work;
- Develops capacity building for staff;
- Liaison with community professionals
- Liaises with, and make rreferrals to other community resources within the CMC, Youth Protection and community resources ;
- Works as part of an interdisciplinary team and in close partnership with Community Health Representative (CHR), Nurse, Social Assistance Technician, Doctor, Nutritionist, and various other community health services and staff.;
- Carries out psychosocial assessment, care, counselling, information and referral services for women and family in order to resolve psychosocial and emotional problems and allow the clienteles to increase their self-reliance, quality of life and social integration;
- Supports different community working relationships including participation, liaison and consultation;
- Collaborates in the application of public health recommendations;
- Carries out all other related tasks upon the request of her/his immediate supervisor.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work or Social Services;
- Member in good standing of the Ordre professionnel des travailleurs sociaux et des thérapeutes conjugaux et familiaux du Québec (OTSTCFQ).
- Two (2) years of relevant experience in social work (an asset);
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Good understanding of psychosocial issues;
- Knowledge of Cree culture, social/health issues and Eenou/Eeyou Pimaatsiiun healing practices and paradigms is an asset;
- Ability to identify and analyze clientele needs;
- Ability to communicate theoretical and practical knowledge, as applied to coaching and training;
- Excellent critical thinking, synthesis, organizational and decision making skills;
- Sense of accountability, resourcefulness and autonomy;
- Teamwork skills.
- Fluent in English;
- Fluency in Cree and French is an asset.
BENEFITS AND REMUNERATION:
- Salary scale: Min. (1) $25.25 – Max. (18) $45.22
- Annual premiums: Disparity premium (8 484$ to 13 573$), retention premium (5000$ to 9750$) and other premiums applicable;
- Furnished lodging including heat and electricity, moving and storage at the expense of the employer. Possibility to come with your family;
- 4 weeks of annual vacation;
- 3 to 4 annual return trips paid by the employer to your place of residence lasting up to 4 weeks;
- Insurance plans Sand defined benefit pension plan (RREGOP).
5. Salary information
Cree Board of Health and Social Services of James Bay,
P.O. Box 250, Chisasibi, QC
Tel: 819-855-2744 Fax: 819-855-2680 Email: email@example.com
More information about the position & job description with complete requirements may be obtained by contacting the above.
Note 1: In accordance with the organization’s Cree Employment Policy (in Progress) and various Sections of the James Bay and Northern Quebec Agreement (JBNQA), the organization has the objective of staffing all of its positions with qualified and competent beneficiaries of the JBNQA
All applicants must be Canadian citizens or have a Canadian work permit. Professionals must be licensed to practice in Québec. The Cree Board of Health and Social Services of James Bay aims to hire qualified Cree beneficiaries of the JBNQA, whenever possible. English is the working language of the CBHSSJB.
To apply, send your CV and a cover letter mentioning the Posting number to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax 1-819-855-2680. For information call 1-877-562-2733.