LOCATION OF WORK
MISTISSINI – ADULT LEARNING CENTRE
NATURE OF WORK
- Reporting to the Centre Director of the Mistissini Adult Learning Centre (SAES), the School Organization Technician ensures timetables and other schedules are created for optimal results, in support of the Cree School Board (CSB) mission, vision and goals.
- In particular, the School Organization Technician is responsible for preparing, in conjunction with the administration, the school or centre timetable and other schedules, such as the exam schedule based on, among other things, rationalization and efficiency criteria as well as adapting and applying the procedures required for the organization of administrative operations: student registration, declaration of student enrolment, exams, preparation of report cards and certification of studies, and the summer course schedule.
- Prepare the centre timetables while taking into account pertinent factors, such as course options, student course selection, fields of teaching, the basic school regulation, available rooms, rules for the formation of groups, teaching periods and other constraints, such as the location of rooms and availability of transportation.
- Submit the timetables to the administration and make the necessary modifications.
- Collect the data required for student registration and course selection. Develop and adapt a form for that purpose, ensure that the forms are returned once they are completed, make the approved corrections and compile the statistics required for preparing a timetable.
- Using the appropriate software, carry out analyses, extractions and specific operations as well as the preparation of reports aimed at monitoring or complying with the procedures prescribed for matters such as management of student enrolment, preparation of report cards and certification of studies, financing, accounting, budget, oversize classes, student permanent codes, student absences, substitution, school transportation, failures, and various lists or reports to be forwarded, in particular, to the Ministère. Update student records.
- Provide training and offer the required support in matters pertaining to the school organization procedures and software to those involved in these operations. If necessary, use word processing and Internet. Respond to information requests from fellow staff in the school or the board, as required.
- The incumbent may be required to train less experienced technicians as well as coordinate the work of support staff in performing duties related to the implementation of programs involving technical operations for which he or she is responsible.
- Perform any other related duty as required
- Hold a Diploma of College Studies in Techniques de l’administration générale (Business Administration) or in other appropriate technical programs for the class of employment or in an appropriate specialty for the class of employment or a diploma or an attestation of studies recognized as equivalent by the competent authority.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office is an asset.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Fluency in French and/or Cree is an asset.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Customer focused and service oriented.
SALARY AND WORKING CONDITIONS
- Regular full-time position.
- 35 hours/week;
- Salary: $22.23 to $29.05 /hr
- Northern Allowance: $8,484.00 to $13,573.00
BEGINNING OF EMPLOYMENT
As soon as possible
Please complete the Application Form found HERE or forward your CV to:
Human Resources Services
Cree School Board
203 Main Street
Mistissini, QC G0W 1C0
Please indicate posting #: MIS-3596
Note that all documents submitted must be in PDF format.