USHINIICHISUU – PUBLIC HEALTH
DEPARTMENT: Uschiniichisuu-Public Health (676577)
WORK LOCATION: Mistissini
HOURLY SALARY: Min. (1) $25.37 – Max (18) $46.33
SUMMARY OF THE POSITION:
Person who is called upon to advise an institution on questions pertaining to nursing and who may be required to carry out such responsibilities as:
- The design, distribution, evaluation and revision of orientation, training and skills updating activities
for employees and trainees;
- The design, implementation, evaluation and revision of programs aimed at improving the quality of
health care and professional activities and programs.
Under the supervision of the Uschiinichiisuu Assistant Director of Public health, she/he identifies/develops health education, safety and wellness programs and services in link with best practices and the needs of the target population (Youth).
She/he is responsible for the orientation of new school nurses and is involved in their training with regards to all Public Health programming such as, Chii Kayeh, Immunization, CLE-CE, prevention of STDs and any other programs identified as a Public Health target by the immediate supervisor.
She/he will collaborate and support the Immunization and the Sexual Health Nurse Counselors, as well as the PPRO Youth Wellness, Healthy Eeyou Youth and Healthy Schools. Collaboration and support to the Awash Public Health Department is also of essence.
She/he collaborates in needs assessments, evaluations and research projects.
She/he develops and implements programs and services for the school, family and community settings, with their collaboration and fosters solid partnerships.
In collaboration with the PPRO Healthy Schools and other Public Health Departments PPROs and Nurse Counselors, she/he collaborates to all health prevention/promotion programs/activities in partnership with the schools.
She/he will collaborate in the coordination of regional teamwork and play a consultative role for her/his colleagues and interdisciplinary teams.
The holder of this position will work as part of an interdisciplinary team to support and strengthen families through childhood, teenage hood and young adulthood to promote the optimal health and development in all age groups.
All Public health department staff may be mobilized temporarily during a public health urgency.
- Member in good standing of the O.I.I.Q;
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing or an undergraduate degree consisting of three (3) admissible
Certificates, of which two (2) are accredited certificates in Nursing
- Five (5) years of nursing experience including:
- Three (3) years of appropriate school or community Health experience
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Knowledge of, and experience with public and community health, school environment prevention and promotion related approaches, methods, issues and programming (and in First Nation contexts being an asset);
- Work experience in a Public Health Department is an asset;
- Knowledge of MSSS programs and regulations for first lines services is an asset;
- Good understanding of child and adolescent psychology and social domains;
- Knowledge of Cree culture, and social/health issues in Eeyou Istchee is an asset;
- Knowledge of Eenou/Eeyou Pimaatsiiun healing practices and paradigms is an asset;
- Excellent communication skills, both group animation, written and presentation;
- Excellent interpersonal and listening communication, leadership and teamwork skills;
- Excellent critical thinking, organizational and decision-making skills;
- Good knowledge of software applications such as Outlook, Word, Power Point.
- Fluent in English and French
- Fluency in Cree is an asset.
Posting start/end date: 04/04/2020 – 18/04/2020
Shift type: Day
Positions available: 1
Hours per day/week: 7/35
Housing provided: No
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply, please forward your resume to:
Cree Board of Health & Social Services of James Bay
Tel: 514-861-5955 Fax: 514-989-7495
Position Number: 0380
With your application, please make sure to specify the PR and/or posting number as well as the Job title on which you wish to apply.
We thank all candidates who apply, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Note 1: In accordance with various Sections of the James Bay and Northern Quebec Agreement (JBNQA), the organization has the objective of staffing all of its positions with qualified and competent beneficiaries of the JBNQA.