- Period Of EmploymentContract
- Job Location Outside Communities
- Education Level Diploma of Vocational Studies (DEP)
Réf. : ELE00002644
The sample clerk is part of the assay laboratory team of the processes department. The incumbent is responsible for sample preparation, including drying, crushing, pulverization and separation prior to analysis.
- Ensure that equipment in the sample preparation room is in working order
- Start and stop laboratory equipment according to procedure
- Respect company regulations and policies, particularly with regard to health and safety
- Participate in assay laboratory health and safety activities
- Report any incidents/accidents to your supervisor
- Ensure that work areas are safe and clean at all times
- Participate in projects/tests in collaboration with external stakeholders in an effort to improve assay laboratory operations
- Maintain quality control and follow the priorities of the various departments and their needs
- Participate in the training program for sample preparation room operations
- Ensure the integrity and validation of preparation room processes
- All other related tasks
- Schedule : 14 days of work followed by 14 days off
- Vocational studies diploma in Mineral processing or combination of education and relevant experience
- 1 to 5 years experience in an assay laboratory, preferably in the mining industry
- Knowledge of sample preparation procedures
- Valid driver’s license
- Bilingualism (an asset)
- Teamwork in a multicultural environment
- Organizational skills
Interested qualified candidates should send their resume via the company’s Web site at www.newmont.com/careers no later than February 14th, 2020.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, we will only contact those selected for an interview.
As an equal opportunity employer, Newmont is committed to diversity, inclusion, and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.