Newmont is the world’s leading gold company and a producer of copper, silver, zinc and lead. The Company’s world-class portfolio of assets, prospects and talent is anchored in favorable mining jurisdictions in North America, South America, Australia and Africa. Newmont is the only gold producer listed in the S&P 500 Index and is widely recognized for its principled environmental, social and governance practices. The Company is an industry leader in value creation, supported by robust safety standards, superior execution and technical proficiency. Newmont was founded in 1921 and has been publicly traded since 1925.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
The sample clerk is part of the assay laboratory team within the metallurgy department. The incumbent is responsible for sample preparation, including drying, crushing, pulverization and separation prior to analysis.
- Scan and log geology samples in an orderly manner
- Use the computer programs to track samples in registry
- Operate crushers and pulverizer equipment according to procedure
- Ensure that equipment in the sample preparation room is in working order and routinely maintained
- Participate in health and safety activities at the assay lab and report any incident/accident to the supervisor
- Comply with company regulations and policies, particularly with regards to health and safety
- Ensure the integrity and proper operation of preparation room equipment
- All other related tasks
TRAINING & EXPERIENCE:
- Combination of education and relevant experience
- 1 to 5 years experience in an assay laboratory, preferably in the mining industry
- Knowledge of sample preparation procedures
- DVS in mineral processing is preferred
- Valid driver’s license
- Bilingualism (an asset)
- Team work in a multicultural environment
- Organizational skills
- Be able to lift loads of 1-5 kilos throughout the day
WORK SCHEDULE AND LOCATION:
- Schedule: 14 days of work followed by 14 days off
- Eleonore Mine Site (fly-in, fly-out from Montreal, Chibougamau, Matagami, RouynNoranda, Val D’Or and Wemindji)
Interested qualified candidates should send their resume via the company’s Web site at www.newmont.com no later than October 03, 2023.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, we will only contact those selected for an interview.
As an equal opportunity employer, Newmont is committed to diversity, inclusion, and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Consistent with Newmont’s values of safety and responsibility, we believe that COVID-19 vaccination is a critical tool to fight this pandemic and protect the health and safety of Newmont’s workforce and the communities in which we work and live. Accordingly, if you receive an offer of employment for this position, you will be required to provide a declaration confirming that you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to your anticipated start date, and you may also be required to provide proof of vaccination prior to your anticipated start date, or at a later date upon Newmont’s request. Newmont will consider individual requests for exemption/reasonable accommodation by applicants who cannot be fully vaccinated due to medical reasons or other grounds protected by applicable human rights law..