- Period Of EmploymentFull Time
- Job Location Outside Communities
- Education Level Undergraduate Degree (B.A.)
Newmont is the world’s leading gold company and a producer of copper, silver, zinc and lead. The Company’s world-class portfolio of assets, prospects and talent is anchored in favorable mining jurisdictions in North America, South America, Australia and Africa. Newmont is the only gold producer listed in the S&P 500 Index and is widely recognized for its principled environmental, social and governance practices. The Company is an industry leader in value creation, supported by robust safety standards, superior execution and technical proficiency. Newmont was founded in 1921 and has been publicly traded since 1925.
The Safety Advisor is part of the Health, Safety, Security and Training team. The incumbent is responsible for the rigorous application of health and safety standards and requirements to all site operations. They work with other departments in an advisory capacity. The Advisor adheres to the company’s principles by adopting a management style that is oriented toward sustainable development, Newmont values and the organization’s code of conduct.
- Develop and support the implementation of occupational health and safety policies and programs for the entire site
- Advise and support supervisors in their role as OHS leaders
- Develop, promote and update the organization’s prevention program
- Assist risk analyses and identify necessary prevention methods
- Assist indicent/accident investigations
- Implement prevention activities
- Complete projects in regards to health and safety
- Respect, know and promote company regulations and policies, particularly with regard to health and safety
- Ensure continuous improvement in terms of results and the means employed to achieve them
- Solve problems associated with your sector and recommend measures to improve your department’s productivity
- Ensure good management of emergency response teams
- Compile data, draft and present reports to management
- All other related tasks
- University degree or college diploma in Health and Safety and/or a combination of education and relevant experience
- 5 to 7 years experience in a similar position in the mining or industrial sector
- Computer skills, including MS Office Suite
- Completed mining modules 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 7
- General explosives permit and valid driver’s license
- Bilingualism French/English essential
- Partnerships and teamwork in a multicultural environment
- Good communication skills, both oral and written
- Ability to analyze and solve problems
WORK SCHEDULE AND LOCATION
- Schedule : 14 days of work followed by 14 days off
Interested qualified candidates should send their resume via the company’s Web site at www.newmont.com/careers no later than August 9th, 2021.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, we will only contact those selected for an interview.
As an equal opportunity employer, Newmont is committed to diversity, inclusion, and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.