Position: ROCKBOLT MINER
Sub-department: Underground operations
Location: Renard Mine
Home Ports: Chibougamau-Chapais, Val d’Or, Quebec and St-Hubert Airports
Posting date: March 26, 2021
Deadline to apply: April 16, 2021
Stornoway is recruiting a Development Miner – Bolter. Reporting to the Underground Foreman (development), the bolter miner will be responsible for the following activities:
- Carry out the primary and secondary support of the ramp and the various underground levels;
- Perform various underground work such as installing ventilation, piping, etc;
- Load explosives;
- Occasionally clear the working surfaces;
- Drill, install and cement anchor cable;
- Work closely with supervision, operators and team members;
- Actively participate in planning, health and safety and training meetings;
- Properly complete daily and other reports;
- Comply with laws, regulations and work procedures;
- Perform all other related tasks.
- DEP in ore mining or relevant experience;
- Modular training of the mining worker completed (FMTM 1, 2, 3, 4, 5,6 ,7);
- Valid driver’s license;
- Valid general explosives permit;
- Minimum 1 to 2 years of experience as a development miner;
- Experience with the MacLean bolting machine;
- Have a good knowledge of reading plans and specifications;
- Experience working with many underground facilities;
- Interest in working in remote areas in a multicultural environment;
- Exemplary attitude in health and safety;
- Ability to work in a team environment;
- Good communication skills in English or French.
The use of the masculine gender is intended solely to lighten the text and refers to both women and men.
Stornoway Diamonds is committed to the principle of employment equity. Our people are our most valuable asset and our goal is to create an inclusive and equitable environment where everyone can reach their true potential.
Stornoway Diamonds does not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment. All personnel decisions, including hiring decisions, will be based on the company’s skills and needs. We welcome applications from qualified individuals from a variety of backgrounds.
Thank you for your interest in Stornoway Diamonds, please note that only online applications will be considered.
Please ensure that your profile is complete and up-to-date.
We will only contact you if your application is selected for an interview.