- Period Of EmploymentFull Time
- Education Level Undergraduate Degree (B.A.)
NEWLY CREATED MANDATE
|DEPARTMENT:||Office of the Chairperson (500075)|
|WORK LOCATION:||Eeyou Istchee Communities|
|STATUS:||1 Permanent Full-Time|
|SALARY:||Min. $50 551 to Max. $90 530|
SUMMARY OF POSITION
Reporting to the Chairperson, the Resolution Officer will be responsible for working both independently and collaborate with relevant stakeholders throughout the organization, to informally investigate complaints dealing with a diverse range of issues involving administrative fairness. The incumbent will be able to identify new issues and opportunities for systemic change for the organization.
The incumbent will have to:
- Listen and understand issues while remaining neutral with respect to the facts.
- Assist in reframing issues as well as developing and helping individuals evaluate options and helps focus efforts on potential options to meet the interests of the individuals.
- Train, guide and coach individuals to deal directly with other parties, including the use of formal resolution resources of the organization, when necessary.
- Assist in surfacing issues to formal resolution channels by voicing to the concern and /or creating an awareness of the issue among appropriate decision-makers in the organization.
- Facilitate informal resolution processes by assisting parties to resolve issues through various types of informal mediation.
- Advise stakeholders in implementing durable solutions to the issues and conflicts.
Education and experience:
- Bachelor degree;
- 5-7 years of experience in conflict resolution.
Applicants with a relevant combination of education and experience may also be considered
Knowledge and abilities:
- Demonstrated active listening skills, interpersonal skills with a diverse range of people
- Ability to maintain an open mind and demonstrate sound judgment
- Strong ability to act with diplomacy, discretion, integrity and transparency
- Ability in finding creative solutions
- Having the courage to speak up and address problems at higher levels with in the organisation
- Strong problem-solving and analytical ability and conflict resolution skills
- Fluent in Cree and English;
- Fluency in French is an asset.
- Willing to travel extensively at the various CBHSSJB locations;
- Willing to attend mediation and conflict resolution trainings.
|POSTING PERIOD:||03/17/2021 – 03/31/2021|
|HOURS PER DAY/WEEK:||7 hours / 35 hours|
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please forward your resume to:
Cree Board of Health & Social Services of James Bay
Tel 514-861-5955 Fax 514-989-7495
With your application, please make sure to specify the Posting # and the Job title on which you wish to apply.
|WE THANK ALL CANDIDATES WHO APPLY, HOWEVER ONLY THOSE SELECTED
FOR AN INTERVIEW WILL BE CONTACTED.
In accordance with various Sections of the James Bay and Northern Quebec Agreement (JBNQA), the organization has the objective of staffing all of its positions with qualified and competent beneficiaries of the JBNQA.