- Period Of EmploymentFull Time
- Job Location Mistissini
- Education Level High School Diploma
Job Posting Number: S-1920-0776A
1. About this job posting
2. About this position
Person who maintains discipline, answers the phone, transfers messages as well as provides surveillance and maintenance for the institution’s properties.
- Person who, in accordance with existing policies, ensures the protection and well-being of all youth in placement and children and workers as well. She/he reports incidents to the persons in charge. She/he intervenes in emergency situations.
- She/he provides assistance to childcare workers when clients become overly aggressive and endangering the well-being of others and self by applying the necessary restraining measures.
- She/he provides constraint and continual supervision to a client when restraining and isolation measures have been applied. Be able to identify when an emergency or crisis (clients) and to apply the preventive or restrictive measures. To assist in the enforcement of the rules and regulations within the center. Make the necessary reports pertaining to major incidents and offences against self, other and property.
- She/he greets people entering the institution, provides surveillance, ensures the protection of users and responds to their needs.
- High School Diploma;
Holder of the Nonviolent Crisis Intervention training is an asset or willingness to follow it;
- One year of relevant experience.
Please note that applicants who do not have the above mentioned requirements may be considered for this position if they possess the following requirements.
A reading and writing test must also be successfully completed to be considered.
- Must have three (3) to four (4) years of pertinent experience.
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Sense of observation;
- Ability to work with the targeted clientele;
- Attentive to details;
- Communication skills;
- Sense of accountability, resourcefulness and vigilance;
- Autonomous, flexible and discrete.
- Fluent in English;
- Fluency in Cree and French is an asset.
5. Salary information
All applicants must be Canadian citizens or have a Canadian work permit. Professionals must be licensed to practice in Québec. The Cree Board of Health and Social Services of James Bay aims to hire qualified Cree beneficiaries of the JBNQA, whenever possible. English is the working language of the CBHSSJB.
To apply, send your CV and a cover letter mentioning the Posting number to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax 1-819-855-2680. For information call 1-877-562-2733.