The “Continuous Learning Journey” is a training program that has been developed for all Cree School Board Administrative Support Staff.
For the 2021-2022 school year, the training program will be delivered to five  cohorts of 10 – 14 participants in the communities of Nemaska, Oujé Bougoumou, Waskaganish, Waswanipi and Whapmagoostui as well as in Post Secondary Offices in Montreal and Gatineau.
We are looking for five  individuals who have administrative and facilitation/training experience to deliver the training program to the Administrative Support Sta (in-person and/or remotely) to one of the five  cohorts. The CSB will provide the training program framework, suggested materials and learning objectives.
The Services will start on October 4, 2021 and end on June 30, 2022 and consists of approximately 20 hours of work per week (the “Term”).
The facilitators will be required to provide the following services (the “Services”):
- Work in close collaboration with Human Resources to customize and deliver training content and report on the overall progress of the training program.
- Apply facilitation techniques to deliver the new training program to the Administrative Support Staff.
- Complete individual learning plans for each participant, evaluate their progress and identify areas of improvement. Communicate the individual progress and needs of all participants to their respective managers.
- Work alongside the Vocational Technician, who will support with program logistics, the delivery of training material and will provide additional support in Cree as needed.
- Participate in bi-weekly touch-base meetings with program organizers.
- Participate in the planning and delivery of the program launch, mid-year reconnecting event and graduation.
- Attend to other related duties, as need be, for the administration of the training program.
- Be available to travel as needed for the fulfilment of the services.
While Cree is not a requirement, facilitators who speak Cree are encouraged to apply.
The training will be delivered both remotely and in-person, depending on the needs of the cohort and the availability of the facilitator to travel.
The trainers/facilitators will be responsible for determining their work schedule in order to be able to deliver the services, but must be available:
- During the period from October 18th to 22nd, 2021, every day from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm, in order to attend a virtual facilitator onboarding that will be delivered by the Cree School Board.
- For the program launch on October 28th from 9:00am to 5:00pm
- Forty-five hours during the period from November 8th to 19th, 2021, to facilitate the essential skills portion of the training.
- Two afternoons (7 hours) per week during the period from November 22nd, 2021, to June 30th, 2022, to deliver the core training program.
The trainers/facilitators will be compensated at an hourly fee of seventy dollars ($70) and have all authorized and reasonable expenses and disbursements directly incurred in respect of the provision of the services reimbursed in accordance with the policies of the Cree School Board.
The Cree School Board is requesting applications in order to award the contract. Interested persons must submit their CV and cover letter by:
September 23, 2021, at 5:00 pm by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Interested persons may be required to provide a valid Revenu Québec certificate before the signing of the contract. The contract cannot be awarded to a person who does not hold a valid certificate from Revenu Québec, as the case may be.
The Cree School Board is not bound to accept any application and may, at its discretion, award the contract to the person of its choice. Qualifications and organizational knowledge will be factored when assessing the applications.
The service provider must not have been previously declared or pleaded guilty of a penal or criminal oence/infraction under applicable federal, provincial, or municipal legislation, that would reasonably be in connection to the services and for which a pardon was never obtained. The awarding of the contract is conditional the carrying out of a criminal background check by the Cree School Board.
The service provider will determine the method, details and means of performing the Services. The service provider will remain throughout the Term of the delivery of Services, as an independent contractor to the Board. The service provider shall retain its independent professional status throughout the Term of the delivery of Services and shall use its own discretion in performing the tasks assigned.