- Period Of EmploymentFull Time
- Job Location Chisasibi
- Education Level Graduate Degree (M.A.)
DEPARTMENT: MIYUPIMAATISIIUN (732509)
WORK LOCATION: Chisasibi
MANAGEMENT LEVEL: Senior Manager
STATUS: 1 Permanent Full Time
SALARY: Class 43: Min. $102 405 – Max. $133 140
SUMMARY OF THE POSITION:
Reporting to the Assistant Executive Director (AED) Miyupimaatisiiun, the incumbent ensures the quality of programs and services provided by the Miyupimaatisiiun Group (MG) in the 9 communities of Eeyou Istchee.
The incumbent also provides leadership in the planning and development, implementation, and evaluation of primary care, front line services, and chronic disease services to achieve integrated and complementary services. She will ensure the allocation of resources including development funds and the redeployment of resources within the budget allocated.
She also provides direction and support in a holistic way (health, allied health and psychosocial services) to ensure the quality of services provided by professionals and associated paraprofessional staff. The incumbent leads immediately the following areas, as per MSSS grand areas of programming: physical and mental health, adaptation and social integration and access mechanisms.
She ensures the line management of the human, material, financial and information resources of the wide range of services and programs within her jurisdiction, notably Regional Services: Direction of Eeyou Istchee Regional Hospital, Direction of Professional Service and Quality Assurance (DPSQA)-Health, DPSQA-Allied Health, DPSQA-Psychosocial. She ensures the management of Indigenous Services Funds. She is also responsible for coordinating the Professional Practice Quality Committee (PPQC).
The incumbent provides clinical program and service delivery support and advice to all directors in the MG and the coordinators of services based on population age groups (Awash , Uschiniichisuu and Chishaayiyuu) and Current Services in the Community Miyupimaatisiiun Centres (CMCs).
She collaborates with the AED – Miyupimaatisiiun and her peers with regards to the planning of the programs and services, as delivered by the staff of the MG, and provides support for the delivery of such.
She contributes to the staff/functional program management in the Pimuhteheu and Nishiiyuu Groups in relation to the CBHSSJB “Strategic Regional Plan” (SRP) and tactical and operational levels of program planning for a seamless and integrated circle of care to improve the health and well-being of individuals, families, and different populations of the communities.
She collaborates with the staff/functional programs in the Public Health Department in tracking the population identifying situations which could pose a threat to the population’s health and seeing to it that the measures necessary for its protection are taken within her jurisdiction.
The incumbent provides a liaison function between Miyupimaatisiiun teams and the Administrative Services, Pimuhteheu and Nishiiyuu Groups to address operational and planning issues and to resolve problems.
The incumbent provides liaison and communications with all concerned partners of the communities, in and outside of Eeyou Istchee, as directed by the AED – Miyupimaatisiiun, and represents the AED – Miyupimaatisiiun in various circumstances.
The Assistant to AED Miyupimaatisiiun is also responsible to ensure all primary care, front line services and specialized services under her jurisdiction are carried out according to the Cree Board of Health and Social Services of James Bay’s (CBHSSJB) vision pertaining to access and quality of care for the population of Eeyou Istchee.
Education and experience:
- Master’s degree in administration or science or with a health or social related specialization;
- Ten (10) years of experience in management in a health or social services setting or public organization.
Please note that applicants registered in the Indigenous Succession Plan may be considered for this position if they have sufficient university educational credits to be eligible for the management activities associated with this position.
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Strong knowledge of the MSSS and Quebec Healthcare programs, legislation and regulations, the RUIS Network, orientations and trends especially for integration of traditional methods of healing into Healthcare surveillance, protection, promotion and prevention;
- Strong knowledge of public health current issues and trends, and program planning and supervision, including the development of policies and programs, and quality assurance systems;
- Good knowledge of public health surveillance methods, techniques and statistical analysis;
- Good knowledge of public health communication needs and approaches;
- Strong knowledge of current issues and trends in human resources management, operational delivery planning, organization, coordination, supervision and quality assurance systems;
- Strong leadership and line management skills, including finance, material and information resources management;
- Ability to effectively collaborate with departments staff/functional in a line-staff organization;
- Ability to maintain quality assurance of existing services and programs;
- Ability to lead and manage the planning and development of new clinical programs, services, supporting protocols and to maintain consistent application of decision principles;
- Excellent record in health and social services management;
- Knowledge of, or ability to grasp the issues and context that relate to First Nations health and social services programming;
- Knowledge of accreditation standards and processes;
- Ability to apply Eeyou (Cree) culture and values in the workplace;
- Excellent critical thinking, synthesis, decision-making, planning and organizational skills;
- Results-oriented, autonomous, flexible, and able to multi-task;
- Excellent interpersonal communication, respectful leadership and teamwork skills;
- Excellent communication skills, encompassing listening, writing and presentation skills;
- Ability to effectively collaborate with all colleagues, as a team member and team leader and as an informal leader;
- Ability in administrative and statistical computer applications, and management information systems;
- Knowledge of Cree culture, communities and language is an asset.
- Fluent in English and French;
- Fluency in Cree is an asset.
- Willing to travel extensively and participate in required training.
Posting start/end date: 2020-06-20/2020-07-20
Shift type: Day
Positions available: 1
Hours per day/week: 7/35
Housing provided: Yes
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply, please forward your resume to:
Cree Board of Health & Social Services of James Bay
Tel: 514-861-5955 Fax: 514-989-7495
Posting #: M-2021-0009
Position Number : 0139
With your application, please make sure to specify the posting number as well as the Job title on which you wish to apply.
We thank all candidates who apply, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Note 1: In accordance with various Sections of the James Bay and Northern Quebec Agreement (JBNQA), the organization has the objective of staffing all of its positions with qualified and competent beneficiaries of the JBNQA.