Department: Child and Family Services
Location: To Be Determined/Cree Community
Salary Grade 3: (Min. $39, 009.00 – Max. $58,514.00)
The Regional Finance Officer is responsible for supporting and monitoring of the childcare centres finance activities, such as statement of revenues and expenses, accounts payables and receivables; verification of financial data accuracy in various files and other assigned financial functions of Childcare Centres in the communities.
- Verify and support local childcare centres in the production of monthly computer-generated financial reports such as statements of revenues and expenses, accounts payable and receivables.
- Review and correct with centres the monthly computer-generated financial reports.
- Advise and support centres in financial planning and decision-making processes.
- Support Regional Finance Coordinator in keeping centres informed of budget rules and reporting responsibilities related to various agreements.
- Carry out a verification and correction of the monthly occupancy reports provided by the centres.
- Provide suggestions on how to improve the financial situation of Childcare Centres experiencing financial difficulties.
- Ensure up-to-date electronic and paper database and filing system.
- Ensure follow-up on billing of childcare fees and account receivables of local Childcare Centres.
- Support Regional Childcare Centres Finance Coordinator in the administration of the Childcare Centres’ Group Insurance Program and Pension Plan.
- Assist in providing ongoing training to finance personnel and training of new finance persons in the childcare centres.
- Collaborate with the Regional Finance Coordinator in the development of tools related to the financial administration of the Childcare Centres (administrative guides, forms, guidelines and policies)
- Verify and present to the Regional Childcare Centres Finance Coordinator the monthly computer-generated reports such as statement of revenues and expenses, accounts payable and receivable for the Childcare Centres.
- Calculate attendance and occupancy rates on a monthly and yearly basis.
- Work with Childcare Centres to ensure monthly accounting is kept up-to-date and to enter adjustments and corrections.
- Collect and analyze information and provide recommendations improvements to the financial and administrative requirements of the Childcare Centres.
- Assist regional finance team, Childcare Centres and auditors in the preparation of the annual audited financial statements.
- Provide support to the centres in the development of their annual budgets.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge and skills in area(s) of responsibility.
- Perform other duties as required.
Education and Certification
- College diploma in Accounting, Administration (option Accounting) or related field.
- One to three years of relevant work experience.
- Fluency in verbal Cree.
- Fluency in English.
- Fluency in French is an asset.
Knowledge and Abilities
- Customer-focused and service-oriented.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively.
- Proven ability to be discreet and maintain confidentiality.
- Demonstrated attention to detail and accuracy.
- Proven organizational skills and to coordinate multiple projects.
- Good judgment and proven ability to problem-solve.
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure and to adapt to a changing environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products.
- Knowledge of Gestionnaire and Acomba software are an asset.
- Willingness to travel frequently.
- Must agree to undergo a background check.
The Cree Nation Government may, at its discretion, waive any or all of the aforementioned requirements if a suitable candidate who is a JBNQA beneficiary accepts to follow a training plan determined by the Cree Nation Government as a condition of employment.
From October 29, 2019 to November 13, 2019
Your application must be sent by email with the competition number: CFS-191001-2