Department: Child and Family Services
Location: To Be Determined
Salary Grade 5: (Min. $56,158.00 – Max. $84,237.00)
The Regional Childcare Centres Finance Coordinator is responsible for providing support and training to Childcare Centres’ finance personnel in order to ensure that the financial management of Childcare Centres is up-to-date and meets the Cree Nation Government and the Ministère de la Famille (MF) established standards.
- Assist and advise the Childcare Centres and Head Start Program Directors and administrative assistants in the preparation of annual budget forecasts, in their daily financial operations, and in the preparation of yearly financial audits.
- In collaboration with the Finance Officer, supervise the monthly local childcare financial statements and act if there is a possible deficit.
- In collaboration with the Finance Officer, ensure that forecasted budgets are respected, and monthly financial statements are presented to the Board of Directors.
- In collaboration with the regional finance team, ensure that recommendations made by auditors receive proper follow-up.
- Ensure that the enrollment of employees of the Childcare Centres into the Group Insurance Program and Pension Plan are done and follow up on the claims made when necessary.
- Act as link between Childcare Centres and MF, updating the Childcare Centres on new budget rules and other regulations and ensuring Childcare Centres comply.
- Attend AGA and board meetings to answer questions, if required.
- Ensure that the Childcare/Head Start Programs meet the financial obligations and reports requirements of the various agreements.
- Verify annual occupancy reports for each Childcare Centre.
- In collaboration with the regional finance team, recommend and implement measures, when needed, to improve the financial situation of Childcare Centres.
- In collaboration with Childcare Centres, regional finance team and auditors, ensure preparation of audited financial statements.
- Supervise and lead direct reports.
- Assist with development of team objectives, as well as individual objectives for direct reports by ensuring that performance is aligned with those objectives. Ensure that supervisors within team are establishing objectives that are in alignment with departmental objectives, in collaboration with the Department Director.
- Identify training needs, recommend solutions, and support training and development.
- Conduct periodic performance evaluations for direct reports and assist supervisors through formal performance evaluations and regular one-on-one meetings.
- Promote ongoing, effective and open communication with employees. Keep staff members informed of decisions that affect them and/or their department.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge and skills in area(s) of responsibility.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Administration or related field.
- Three to five years of relevant work experience.
- Fluency in English.
- Fluency in French.
- Fluency in verbal Cree is an asset.
Knowledge and Abilities
- Knowledge of Gestionnaire and Acomba software.
- Customer-focused and service-oriented.
- Proven success in maintaining strong communication, including the ability to facilitate effectively.
- Proven ability to be discreet and maintain confidentiality.
- High attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple projects.
- Proven ability to demonstrate strong judgment in complex situations.
- Proven ability to problem-solve, to think strategically, and to take initiative.
- Demonstrated ability to work under significant pressure and to adapt to a changing environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products.
- Typical office setting where there are no unusual physical demands.
- Willingness to travel extensively
- Must agree to undergo a background check
The Cree Nation Government may, at its discretion, waive any or all of the aforementioned requirements if a suitable candidate who is a JBNQA beneficiary accepts to follow a training plan determined by the Cree Nation Government as a condition of employment.
From February 24, 2020 to March 10, 2020
Your application must be sent by email with the competition number: CFS-200203-1