- Period Of EmploymentFull Time
- Job Location Mistissini
- Education Level College
LOCATION OF WORK
Sabtuan Adult Education Services (SAES) MISTISSINI
NATURE OF WORK
The Recreational Activities Technician is responsible for organizing social, cultural and sports activities of all types mainly for groups, taking into account their expectations as well as established policies either as a complement to certain educational programs or more often as recreation within the Adult Learning Centres.
- Participates in the preparation and implementation of sports and socio-cultural activity programs, such as music, theatre, cinema, visual arts, exhibitions, sports tournaments and gymnastics.
- Participates in determining the activities; prepares program schedules and ensures the smooth operation; explains the nature, objectives and regulations regarding activities; identifies abnormal situations and rectifies or reports them to the authorities according to established instructions.
- Uses facilitation techniques to assist groups in organizing and setting up leisure activities.
- In residences, the incumbent is required to provide information, guide and direct students with respect to the various aspects of residence life. Depending on the problems or situations encountered, may be required to contact the school staff and, at times, parents.
- In keeping with the policy established, the employee may be responsible for information: publicity committee, bulletin, postings and news releases in newspapers or on the radio.
- Participates in selecting equipment and materials that the school board places at the disposal of groups and, in particular, takes into account the quality and cost of the equipment and makes appropriate recommendations to the authorities concerned. Oversees the maintenance of the equipment in the inventory and ensures its rational use.
- May be required to train less experienced technicians as well as coordinate the work of support staff in performing duties related to the implementation of programs involving technical operations for which he or she is responsible.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge and skills in areas of responsibility.
- If need be, performs any other related tasks.
- Hold a Diploma of College Studies in Community Recreation Leadership Training or a diploma or an attestation of studies recognized as equivalent by the competent authority.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Ability to speak Cree is required.
- Ability to work in French is an asset.
- Practical experience in offering workshops or animating activities an asset.
- Proven ability to be flexible.
SALARY AND WORKING CONDITIONS
- Regular full-time position.
- 35 hours/week.
- Salary: $22.23/hr to $29.05/hr
- Northern Allowance: $8,484.00 to $13,573.00
BEGINNING OF EMPLOYMENT
To be determined
Please complete the Application Form found HERE or forward your CV to:
Human Resources Services
Cree School Board
203 Main Street
Mistissini, QC G0W 1C0
Please indicate posting #: MIS-3611
Note that all documents submitted must be in PDF format.
POSTING DATE May 1st 2020
END OF POSTING May 28 2020 4:30 PM
In the above text, includes both the masculine and feminine forms.