POSITION: Records Management Clerk
STATUS: Full-time Permanent Position
SALARY: Min $48,422 – Max $72,633
DATE OF POSTING: April 13, 2023
END OF POSTING: April 26, 2023 at 5pm
Under the direction of the Director of Human Resources, the Records Management Clerk shall be responsible for the implementation and management of all records of the Cree Nation of Waskaganish. The Records Management Clerk will assist all departments with the management of physical and digital records in accordance with policies and procedures.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Record management responsibilities
- Assist with the organization, storage, retention, and disposition of records both hard copy or
- Manage an efficient inventory and archive system in the documentation centre(s) to ensure that all documentation is archived, classified and organized.
- Provide guidance for the organization’s departments in records management to ensure compliance with records management related policies and
- Maintain proper file/document management systems, to ensure that information can be retrieved in a timely fashion.
- Maintain, review, and set up the data base software
- Assist in the implementation and review of the records management policy e. ensuring the retention rules comply with regulatory requirements.
- Review documents before approving the disposal of records ensuring the compliance of the retention schedule.
Administration and reporting responsibilities
- Perform clerical activities such as typing, filing, word processing, and use office
- Compile statistics and prepare reports when
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge and skills in area(s) of
- Perform other duties as required.
Education and certification
- High school diploma
- College certificate/degree or related field
- One year or less of relevant experience
- Fluency in Cree and English, French is an asset
Knowledge and abilities
- Customer focused and service oriented
- Proven ability to communicate effectively
- Proven ability to be discreet and maintain
- Proven Organizational skills
- Proficient of electronic record management systems
- Working knowledge of computers and Microsoft Office products
All applications must provide certificates, diplomas and two reference letters.
All interested who possess the qualifications that are required for this position should submit his/her Curriculum Vitae to the attention of:
Human Resources Coordinator
P.0 Box 60, 70 Waskaganish Street Waskaganish, QC JOM 1RO
Tel: 819-895-8650 EXT 3229 Fax: 819-895-8901