Department: Government Services
Salary Grade 1: (Min. $28,016.00 – Max. $42,024.00)
The Receptionist is responsible for the reception-desk and the accomplishment of secretarial duties.
- Oversee the Department’s incoming correspondences by providing general information and/or relaying them to the appropriate employee and/or Department (i.e. answering phone calls, in persons inquiries, emails, faxes and messages).
- Greet visitors and determine whether they should be given access to the Department offices and/or specific individuals.
- Maintain office addresses and contact lists.
- Assist in processing travel claims, typing and formatting documents, entering data and filing.
- Ensure that public areas are accessible at regular office hours and are secure after office hours.
- Ensure that public areas are properly maintained.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge and skills in area(s) of responsibility.
- Perform other duties as required.
Education and Certification
- High School Diploma.
- One year or less of relevant work experience.
- Fluency in verbal Cree.
- Fluency in English.
- Fluency in French is an asset
Knowledge and Abilities
- Customer-focused and service-oriented.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to be discreet and maintain confidentiality.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Organizational skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products.
- Typical office setting where there are no unusual physical demands.
The Cree Nation Government may, at its discretion, waive any or all of the aforementioned requirements if a suitable candidate who is a JBNQA beneficiary accepts to follow a training plan determined by the Cree Nation Government as a condition of employment.
From October 18, 2019 to November 4, 2019
Your application must be sent by email with the competition number: ECN-191002-1