Position: Receivables Clerk
Reports to: Accountant (Receivables)
Salary Range: $40,324 – $61,189
Status: Permanent Full-time
Posting Date: February 11, 2020 to February 25, 2020
Reporting to Accountant (Receivables), the Receivables Clerk is responsible for administrative and accounting duties related to accounts receivable, in accordance with established procedures. The Receivables Clerk issues invoices for contracts and rentals, and performs other functions related to accounts receivable while interacting with clients and vendors to ensure the timely processing of invoices.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Accounts receivable responsibilities
- Issue invoices for user fees, building, office and housing rentals, contracts, equipment rental and services delivered to or for the Band.
- Enter information necessary to issue invoices into accounting system ensuring proper budget coding.
- Process all payments and deposits received in a timely manner, including coding payment documents.
- Process and maintain records of all invoices, payments, and deposits.
- Review, correct, and adjust credit balances.
- Act as a liaison with internal and external clients to facilitate prompt receipt of money due, and to ensure the preservation of good relations with clients.
- Respond to clients’ inquiries and ensure prompt resolution of account irregularities and adjustments. Consult with Supervisor for the resolution of complex issues and to obtain approval when necessary.
- Perform the monthly reconciliation of receivables; review the list of outstanding receivables and mail out monthly statements for all accounts with a balance.
- Follow up with clients with invoices that are late or past due.
- Prepare and forward the list of accounts receivable to the Accountant, prioritizing invoices that are due to keep Accountant informed of the settlement of receivables.
- Issues cash receipts in all funds.
- Perform related support duties such as word processing, data input, faxing and photocopying.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge and skills in area(s) of responsibility.
- Performs other duties as requested by Supervisor
Education and certification
- High School Diploma
- Must be willing to attend and pass a recognized course in basic bookkeeping and/or related topics
- One year of relevant experience
- Fluency in spoken and written English
- Fluency in spoken Cree or French is an asset
Knowledge and abilities
- Customer focused and service oriented
- Proven ability to communicate effectively
- Proven ability to be discreet and maintain confidentiality
- Demonstrated attention to detail and accuracy
- Proven organization skills
- Working knowledge of computers and Microsoft Office products
- Working knowledge of ACCPAC for Windows software is an asset
- Typical office setting where there are no unusual physical demands.
The Receivables Clerk works from the Band Office and is responsible for working from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. with one hour off for lunch. In addition, occasional overtime may be required, as well as attendance at odd hours and weekends.
All applications/resumes must be submitted to Frances Kawapit, Director of Human Resources by February 25, 2020 before 5:00 p.m. at the Whapmagoostui Band Office or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
** Only those who will be considered for interview will be notified.