Reagents and Water Treatment Operator Ref.: 25950
Newmont is the world’s leading gold company and a producer of copper, silver, zinc and lead. The Company’s world-class portfolio of assets, prospects and talent is anchored in favourable mining jurisdictions in North America, South America, Australia and Africa. Newmont is the only gold producer listed in the S&P 500 Index and is widely recognized for its principled environmental, social and governance practices. The Company is an industry leader in value creation, supported by robust safety standards, superior execution and technical proficiency. Newmont was founded in 1921 and has been publicly traded since 1925.
The Reagents and Water Treatment Operator is part of the operations team in the process sector. They are responsible for mixing reagents, the cleanliness and safety of the workplace, and assisting the operating team. They are responsible for the wastewater treatment plant. They ensure the optimization of the water treatment plant according to established performance indicators. They identify operational and mechanical equipment problems in all sectors.
- Ensure the availability of chemical solutions necessary for the operation
- Mix the following reactive products:
- Xanthate (PAX); Foaming agent MIBC, copper sulphate, flocculant. Lead nitrate, cyanide, nitric acid
- Assist in the unloading of products delivered in bulk such as:
- SO2, slag/cement, caustic soda, lime
- Ensure the proper functioning of the equipment by using a DCS control system and by carrying out a periodic mechanical inspection such as:
- Reagent dispensing systems
- All associated auxiliary equipment
- Develop and maintain good communication with the Surface Operations team to ensure water management throughout the site
- Perform water quality control tests to ensure compliance with the operational and environmental instructions
- Ensure the integrity of the samples and their preparation for the analytical laboratory
- Ensure the workplaces are clean and safe at all times
- Start and stop equipment in their sector according to established procedures
- Respect, know and promote company regulations and policies, particularly with regard to health and safety
- Report any incident/accident to your supervisor
- Participate in the continuing education program with a view to replacing in operations positions such as crushing assistant operator
- Keep records of information on their tasks and write reports
- Assist the mechanics during the maintenance work and production shutdowns
- Perform all other tasks related to the performance of their duties
- Diploma of vocational studies in mineral processing or one (1) year of relevant experience related to the production industry
- Valid driver’s licence
- Bilingual (French and English) an asset.
- Teamwork in a multicultural environment
- Be autonomous and responsible
WORKPLACE AND WORK SCHEDULE
- Schedule: 14 days of work followed by 14 days of res
- Éléonore mine site (Fly-in, Fly-out)
Interested persons must send us their résumés via the corporate website at www.newmont.com no later than September 22, 2022.
We thank all the applicants for their interest. However, we will only communicate with those selected for an interview.
As an employer subscribing to the principle of equal access to employment, Newmont is committed to promoting diversity, inclusion and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Arrangements may be made on request for candidates participating in all aspects of the selection process.
In line with Newmont’s values of safety and responsibility, we believe that vaccination against COVID-19 is an essential tool in fighting this pandemic and protecting the health and safety of Newmont’s workforce and communities in which we work and live. Therefore, if you receive a job offer for this position, you will be asked to provide a statement confirming that you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 before your expected start date, and you may also be requested to provide proof of vaccination prior to your scheduled start date, or at a later date if requested by Newmont. Newmont will consider individual waiver/reasonable accommodation requests from applicants who cannot be fully immunized for medical or other reasons protected by applicable human rights law.