- Period Of EmploymentFull Time
- Job Location Waswanipi
- Education Level Undergraduate Degree (B.A.)
LOCATION OF WORK
Rainbow Elementary School – Waswanipi
NATURE OF WORK
The principal and customary work of an employee in this class of employment consists of collaborating in re-education programs or re-adaptation programs with students experiencing social maladjustments, school-related problems, or problems with socioemotional behaviour or learning difficulties.
- Through the use of measuring techniques and instruments that are proper to his/her discipline, the re-adaptation officer evaluates student’s behaviour brought to his/her attention by the first observations of the teachers which reveal a possibility of maladjustment at the socio-emotional level or at the normal learning process level.
- Participates with the appropriate multidisciplinary team, in the study of cases so as to determine the necessary measures for re-education.
- Under the responsibility of the school administration and in conjunction with the multidisciplinary team, participates in developing the measures designed to attain the objectives determined in an Individual Education Plan.
- Recommends appropriate training and re-education programs and ensures that these programs are carried out.
- Regroups the students who are identified as having common problems and meets these groups on a regular basis for specific activities.
- Meets certain students having specific problems in order to help their integration in a re-education group or their integration in a regular group.
- Refers the student to the appropriate services as required.
- Observes situations and works with students reacting to their environment and counsels them; applies intervention techniques conductive to calm and order; provides support to the teacher to ensure an environment conductive to learning in the classroom.
- Counsels students who, following a sanction, must receive instruction in another room, determines with the students concerned and with the staff involved in intervention efforts for reintegration into the classroom.
- Records observations and interventions, keeps files and prepares reports on a student’s situation.
- Prepares the material and the development of the activities necessary for re-education, analyses and identifies the student’s behaviour in the re-education groups.
- Establishes close contacts with the parents, teachers and other implicated professionals.
- Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate specialty, notably psycho-education.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Fluency in French is an asset.
- Knowledge of the Cree Language a definite asset.
- Regular Full-Time. 35 hrs/week
- Salary: $24.87/h to $43.06/h
- Northern Allowance: $8,484.00 – $13,573.00
BEGINNING OF EMPLOYMENT
As soon as possible
Please complete the Application Form found HERE and forward it with your CV to:
CREE SCHOOL BOARD
203 Main Street
MISTISSINI, QC G0W 1C0
Fax: (418) 923-2073
Please indicate the competition #: WASW-3599
Note that all documents submitted must be in PDF format