LOCATION OF WORK
Wiinibekuu School – Waskaganish
NATURE OF WORK
- The principal and customary work of an employee in this class of employment consists of collaborating in re-education programs or re-adaptation programs with students experiencing social maladjustments, school-related problems, or problems with socioemotional behaviour or learning difficulties.
- Through the use of measuring techniques and instruments that are proper to his/her discipline, the re-adaptation officer evaluates student’s behaviour brought to his/her attention by the first observations of the teachers which reveal a possibility of maladjustment at the socio-emotional level or at the normal learning process level.
- Participates with the appropriate multidisciplinary team, in the study of cases so as to determine the necessary measures for re-education.
- Under the responsibility of the school administration and in conjunction with the multidisciplinary team, participates in developing the measures designed to attain the objectives determined in an Individual Education Plan.
- Recommends appropriate training and re-education programs and ensures that these programs are carried out.
- Regroups the students who are identified as having common problems and meets these groups on a regular basis for specific activities.
- Meets certain students having specific problems in order to help their integration in a re-education group or their integration in a regular group.
- Refers the student to the appropriate services as required.
- Observes situations and works with students reacting to their environment and counsels them; applies intervention techniques conductive to calm and order; provides support to the teacher to ensure an environment conductive to learning in the classroom.
- Counsels students who, following a sanction, must receive instruction in another room, determines with the students concerned and with the staff involved in intervention efforts for reintegration into the classroom.
- Records observations and interventions, keeps files and prepares reports on a student’s situation.
- Prepares the material and the development of the activities necessary for re-education, analyses and identifies the student’s behaviour in the re-education groups.
- Establishes close contacts with the parents, teachers and other implicated professionals.
- Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate specialty, notably psycho-education.
- Knowledge of English is a requirement.
- Working knowledge of French and Cree is an asset.
- Replacement position for an undetermined period. 35 hrs/week
- SALARY $ 24.87/h to $ 43.06/h
- Northern Allowance: $ 10,015.00- $ 17,652.00
BEGINNING OF EMPLOYMENT
As soon as possible.
Please complete the Application Form found HERE. Please indicate posting #: WASK-4008 Note that all documents submitted must be in PDF format.
DATE OF POSTING September 22, 2021
END OF POSTING October 5, 2021 5:00 PM