LOCATION OF WORK
Waapinichikush Elementary School – Chisasibi
NATURE OF WORK
The principal and customary work of an employee in this class of employment consists of collaborating in re-education programs or re-adaptation programs with students experiencing social maladjustments, school-related problems, or problems with socio-emotional behaviour or learning difficulties.
- Through the use of measuring techniques and instruments that are proper to his/her discipline, the re-adaptation officer evaluates student’s behaviour brought to his/her attention by the first observations of the teachers which reveal a possibility of maladjustment at the socio-emotional level or at the normal learning process level.
- Participates with the appropriate multidisciplinary team, in the study of cases so as to determine the necessary measures for re-education.
- Under the responsibility of the school-administration and in conjunction with the multidisciplinary team, participates in developing the measures designed to attain the objectives determined in an Individual Education Plan.
- Recommends appropriate training and re-education programs and ensures that these programs are carried out.
- Regroups the students who are identified as having common problems and meets these groups on a regular basis for specific activities.
- Meets certain students having specific problems in order to help their integration in a re-education group or their integration in a regular group.
- Refers the student to the appropriate services as required.
- Observes situations and works with students reacting to their environment and counsels them; applies intervention techniques conductive to calm and order; provides support to the teacher to ensure an environment conductive to learning in the classroom.
- Counsels students who, following a sanction, must receive instruction in another room, determines with the students concerned and with the staff involved in intervention efforts for reintegration into the classroom.
- Records observations and interventions, keeps files and prepares reports on a student’s situation.
- Prepares the material and the development of the activities necessary for re-education, analyses and identifies the student’s behaviour in the re-education groups.
- Establishes close contacts with the parents, teachers and other implicated professionals.
- Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate specialty, notably psycho education.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Fluency in French is an asset.
- Knowledge of the Cree Language a definite asset.
Regular, Full-Time Position
Salary: $24.87/h to $43.06/h
Northern Allowance: $8,484.00 – $13,573.00
Retention Premium: $5 500.00- $10 000.00
BEGINNING OF EMPLOYMENT
As soon as possible
Please complete the Application Form found HERE.
Please indicate posting #: CHI-4508
If you have any questions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note that all documents submitted must be in PDF format.
October 26th, 2022
END OF POSTING
November 8, 2022
In the above text, the masculine form also includes the feminine form.