Posting # PR-MGMT-2021-0020
Position # 0005
PUBLIC HEALTH DIRECTOR (0361)
|DEPARTMENT:||PUBLIC HEALTH (676295)|
|MANAGEMENT LEVEL:||Senior Manager|
|STATUS:||1 Permanent Full-Time|
|SALARY:||Class F: $ 213,614.00|
SUMMARY OF THE POSITION
Reporting to the Assistant Executive Director (AED) Pimuhteheu, according to the Public Health Act and Ministry of Health and Social Services of Quebec (MSSS) laws and regulations concerning public health in Eeyou Istchee, the Cree Naskapi Act and the Strategic Regional Plan of the Cree Board of Health and Social Services of James Bay (CBHSSJB), the incumbent is responsible for the public health promotion of health, well-being and prevention of trauma, disease and social issues for the population of Eeyou Istchee.
The incumbent ensures the development and promotion of programs and services for the prevention of diseases.
The incumbent identifies situations where actions are needed to prevent diseases, trauma and social issues that could impact the population health and take appropriate action.
Functioning at the Regional Council level, they also ensure representation to the MSSS, the Réseau Universitaire Intégré de Santé (RUIS) Network and other relevant government entities according to their legal role and mandate.
- Inform the public on the general health status of individuals, priority health issues, the most vulnerable groups, the main risk factors and the interventions deemed most effective and will monitor developments and, if necessary, conduct studies or research to this end.
- Identify situations likely to present a risk to public health and ensure the necessary measures are implemented to protect the public.
- Provide expertise in prevention and health promotion and advise on preventative services useful in reducing preventable mortality and morbidity.
- Identify situations where intersectoral action is required to prevent disease, trauma and social problems that have an impact on public health and, when deemed appropriate, take the necessary measures to promote such action.
- Inform the Minister of any emergencies or risks to public health.
Education and experience:
- Medical degree and member of the Quebec College of Physicians (Collège des Médecins du Québec), with a Specialization, Certificate or Masters degree in Community Health.
- A Certificate or courses in administration is an asset.
- Four (4) years’ experience in public health administration or leadership.
Knowledge and abilities:
- Strong knowledge of the MSSS and Public Health programs, laws, regulations, the RUIS Network, orientations and trends especially for public health surveillance, protection, and promotion and prevention.
- Strong knowledge of public health current issues and trends, program planning and supervision, including the development of policies and programs, and quality assurance systems.
- Strong knowledge of the strategic management of public health programs, integrated programming, professional and organizational interdependence, information management, and evaluation.
- Knowledge of, or ability to grasp the issues and context that relate to First Nations public health and social
- Good record in an appropriate level of public health and programming management or leadership (human, financial, and information resources management is an asset).
- Strong change management skills as well as the ability to creatively resolve complex situations.
- Excellent critical thinking, planning and organizational skills as applied to planning.
- Results-oriented, autonomous, flexible, and able to multi-task.
- Ability to both manage the planning and development of new services and programs, and maintain the quality of existing services and programs.
- Excellent interpersonal communication, leadership and teamwork skills.
- Excellent communication skills (listening, written and presentation.)
- Ability to effectively collaborate with all colleagues, as both a team member and team leader.
- Knowledge of administrative and statistical computer applications.
- Knowledge of Cree culture is an asset.
- Fluent in English and French;
- Fluency in Cree is an asset.
- Willing to travel extensively.
CONDITIONS AND ADVANTAGES
- Public Health Director Class F Salary $ 213,614.00 (Addition of an increase for the remote region of 45% for a specialist and 35% for a general practitioner);
- Regional Disparity premium: $162.59/week without dependants or $260.12/week with dependants;
- Retention premium: from $ 5,000 up to $9,750 annually. Varies according to number of years working continuously in a remote region;
- Cargo premium: varies according to family status;
- Furnished accommodation;
- Moving and storage of furniture at the employer’s expense;
- 4 weeks vacation, 13 statutory holidays;
- Defined benefit insurance and pension plan;
- Three (3) to four (4) annual sorties depending on family status.
|POSTING START/END DATE:||2021-04-09 / 2021-04-23|
|HOURS PER DAY/WEEK:||7 / 35|
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please forward your resume to:
Cree Board of Health & Social Services of James Bay
Tel 514-861-5955 Fax 514-989-7495
With your application, please make sure to specify the Posting # and the Job title on which you wish to apply.
|WE THANK ALL CANDIDATES WHO APPLY, HOWEVER ONLY THOSE SELECTED
FOR AN INTERVIEW WILL BE CONTACTED.
In accordance with various Sections of the James Bay and Northern Quebec Agreement (JBNQA), the organization has the objective of staffing all of its positions with qualified and competent beneficiaries of the JBNQA.
Please note that applicants registered in the Indigenous Succession Plan may be considered for this position if they have sufficient university educational credits to be eligible for the management activities associated with this position.