DEPARTMENT: Maanuuhiikuu (Mental Health) (011309)
WORK LOCATION: Chisasibi
STATUS: 1- Permanent Full Time
HOURLY SALARY: Min. (1) $26.43 – Max.(18) $49.82
SUMMARY OF THE POSITION:
Person who, in accordance with the rules specific to the profession, designs and carries out psychological assessments and guidance, counselling and treatment activities adapted to service users’ individual and collective needs.
- PhD in psychology;
- In order to use the reserved title, the person must be a member of the Ordre professionnel des psychologues du Québec and provide the employer with proof of membership;
Please note that applicants registered as Psychotherapists and meeting the other experience requirements may be considered for this position.
Please note that applicants with a Master degree in Psychology may be considered for this position but shall be hired with a different job title.
- Two (2) years of clinical experience;
- Sub-specialty in Child psychology is an asset;
- Experience with community based interventions and coordination of service plans;
- Experience with systemic approaches and cognitive-behavioral therapy;
- Experience with crisis intervention (suicide);
- Experience working with individuals, families and community organizations;
- Experience working with children from ages 3 to late adolescents and their parents is an asset;
- Experience working with trauma, childhood abuse and attachment related issues is an asset;
- Experience working with Indigenous Peoples is an asset;
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Familiar with other forms of therapy including mindfulness based (MBCT), Narrative, Solution Focused Brief (SFBT), Play therapy, dialectical therapy is an asset;
- Ability in the identification and analysis of the clientele needs;
- Ability to communicate theoretical and practical knowledge, as applied to coaching and training;
- Ability to do testing, evaluations and assessments including court ordered assessments is an asset;
- Ability to work with children with developmental issues, learning disabilities & intellectual and mental health issues;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills,
- Team work capabilities;
- Fluent in English.
- Fluency in Cree or French is an asset;
- Willing to travel to various communities;
- Availability to be on call.
Posting start/end date: 2020-02-24/2020-03-09
Shift type: Day
Positions available: 1
Hours per day/week: 7/35
Lodging available: Yes; depending on work location.
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply, please forward your resume to:
Cree Board of Health & Social Services of James Bay
Tel: 514-861-5955 Fax: 514-989-7495
With your application, please make sure to specify the PR and/or posting number as well as the Job title on which you wish to apply.
We thank all candidates who apply, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Note 1: In accordance with various Sections of the James Bay and Northern Quebec Agreement (JBNQA), the organization has the objective of staffing all of its positions with qualified and competent beneficiaries of the JBNQA.