Job Posting Number: P-XXXX-XXXX
1. About this job posting
Job Posting Number: P-XXXX-XXXX
External Posting Number: N/A
Posting Start Date: Wednesday, January 29, 2020
Posting End Date: Saturday, February 29, 2020
2. About this position
Work Location: Regional
Status: Permanent Full Time
MSSS Job Number: 1 652
MSSS Job Title: PSYCHO-EDUCATOR
Job Hours: 35.00
Hours Per Day: 7.00
Shift Type: Stable
Work Schedule: 10/14 Jours
Person who conceived, updates, analyzes and evaluates programs aimed at the psycho-social rehabilitation of the users.
SPECIFIC FUNCTIONS :
You will work in one of our multi-service day centers that provide services of adaptation, rehabilitation and integration to people with loss of autonomy, mental health problems or intellectual or physical disabilities.
- Work with patients aged from 0 to 100;
- Interventions with people with adjustment difficulties manifested behaviourally, including mental health problems in their living environments;
- Perform Developmental and behavioural assessments;
- Develop treatment plans;
- Design and manage rehabilitation programs tailored to the needs of their clients;
- Screening and prevention of adjustment problems;
- Crisis Intervention;
- Interdisciplinary team: Work in collaboration with community partners (daycare workers, school workers, community services workers, community health representatives, special needs educators, rehabilitation workers) and health care professionals in order to provide culturally adapted best care for clients;
- Coach and train community members and healthcare professionals on prevention and promotion within their area of practice;
- Coaching et formation des membres de la communauté et des professionnels de la santé sur la prévention et la promotion en psychoéducation dans leur domaine de pratique;
- Plans and execute their intervention plan and responds directly to their clients or client groups, stakeholders, and their respective teams;
- Support child-care centers and schools;
- Available to do home visits, school visits, daycare visits, and offer their services in varied partner’s organizations.
- Must have a master Degree in Psycho education.
- Member in good standing of OPPQ (Ordre des psychoéducateurs et psychoéducatrices du Québec).
- Two (2) years of relevant experience is an asset.
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Ability in the identification and analysis of the clientele needs;
- Ability to communicate theoretical and practical knowledge, as applied to coaching and training;
- Ability in computer office applications;
- Ability to work unsupervised;
- Excellent interpersonal and listening communication skills;
- Excellent critical thinking, synthesis, organizational and decision-making skills;
- Practical, attentive to detail and analytical;
- Sense of accountability, resourcefulness and vigilance;
- High adaptability capacity;
- Open minded to other’s language, culture, values and beliefs;
- Knowledge of Cree culture and language, social/health issues and Eenou/Eeyou Pimaatsiiun healing practices and paradigm is an asset;
- Good teaching skills;
- Teamwork skills.
- Fluent in English and one of Cree or French;
- Fluency in the third language is an asset.
5. Salary information
Salary (Hourly) Minimum: $25.25
Salary (Hourly) Maximum: $45.22
The persons interested in this position are asked to forward their resume within the prescribed deadline to:
Cree Board of Health and Social Services of James Bay,
1055 René-Levesque East, 7th floor
Tel: 514-861-5955 Fax: 514-989-7495 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
More information about the position & job description with complete requirements may be obtained by contacting the above.
Note 1: In accordance with the organization’s Cree Employment Policy (in Progress) and various Sections of the James Bay and Northern Quebec Agreement (JBNQA), the organization has the objective of staffing all of its positions with qualified and competent beneficiaries of the JBNQA
All applicants must be Canadian citizens or have a Canadian work permit. Professionals must be licensed to practice in Québec. The Cree Board of Health and Social Services of James Bay aims to hire qualified Cree beneficiaries of the JBNQA, whenever possible. English is the working language of the CBHSSJB.
To apply, send your CV and a cover letter mentioning the Posting number to email@example.com or fax 1-819-855-2680. For information call 1-877-562-2733.