LOCATION OF WORK
CHISASIBI – High School
NATURE OF WORK
The occupation of psychoeducator include, in particular, the detection, identification and evaluation of school related problems or problems of socio-emotional behavior and to carry out or assist teachers to carry out reeducation programs or readaptation programs with students having learning problems through individual or group therapy.
- Through the use of measuring techniques and instruments that are proper to his discipline the psycho-educator evaluates the student’s behavior brought to his attention by the first observations of the teachers which reveal a possibility of maladjustment at the socio-emotional level or at the normal learning process level;
- He participates, with the appropriate multidisciplinary team, in the study of cases so as to determine the necessary measures for re-education. He refers certain cases to specialized clinics, if necessary;
- He regroups the students that are identified as having common problems and meets these groups on a regular basis for specific activities;
- He meets certain students having specific problems in order to help their integration in a reeducation group or their integration in a regular group;
- He prepares the material and the development of the activities necessary for reeducation, analyses and identifies the student’s behavior in the reeducation groups;
- In his occupation, he is also called upon to establish close contacts with the parents, teachers and other implicated professionals.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Must be a Member of the Ordre des psychoéducateurs et psychoéducatrices du Québec.
- Bilingual (French – English).
- Autonomous and a great capacity of adapting to a First Nation environment.
BEGINNING OF EMPLOYMENT
As soon as possible.
- Regular Full time position 35 hrs/week
- Salary: $25.25/h to $45.22/h
- Northern Allowance: $8,484.00 – $13,573.00
Please send your CV by completing the Application Form found HERE
Please indicate the competition #: CHI-4013 Note that all documents submitted must be in PDF format. In you have any questions, contact email@example.com
DATE OF POSTING October 6, 2021
END OF POSTING October 20, 2021 5:00 PM