YOUTH HEALING SERVICES
DEPARTMENT: Rehabilitation Center (500030)
WORK LOCATION: Mistissini
HOURLY SALARY: Min. (1) $25.25 – Max. (18) $45.22
SUMMARY OF THE POSITION:
Person who conceived, updates, analyzes and evaluates programs aimed at the psycho-social rehabilitation of the users.
- Ensure psychoeducation intervention and care plan to the clients of the YHS;
- Participates to the development, implementation, evaluation and review of rehabilitation programs, and of standards of the professional practice;
- Gives support to the rehabilitation staff to understand the family dynamic;
- Participates to the identification of the needs and to the presentation of the youth’s clinical profile;
- Ensures that the client’s family and other significant people or legal representatives are integrated, as appropriate, into the departmental practice process;
- Supports different levels of planning (strategic, tactical and operational) and participate in the development of projects by collaborating on the development of clinical plans;
- Ensures any other related tasks at the immediate supervisor request.
- Must have a Master’s Degree in Psychoeducation.
- Member in good standing of OPPQ (ordre des psychoeducateurs et psychoeducatrices du Quebec).
- Two (2) years of relevant experience;
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Ability in the identification and analysis of the clientele needs;
- Ability to communicate theoretical and practical knowledge, as applied to coaching and training;
- Demonstrated experience in planning, adapting, developing and implementing new programs, and maintaining existing programs;
- Knowledge of legislations, mainly Youth Protection Act and Youth Criminal Justice Act is an asset;
- Demonstrated experience with working with youth and their families;
- Knowledge of community based interventions;
- Knowledge of First Nation health/social service models, trends and issues is an asset;
- Knowledge of Cree culture and language, social/health issues and Eenou/Eeyou Pimaatsiiun healing practices and paradigm is an asset;
- Ability in computer office applications;
- Ability to work unsupervised;
- Excellent interpersonal and listening communication skills;
- Excellent critical thinking, synthesis, organizational and decision-making skills; Practical, attentive to detail and analytical;
- Sense of accountability, resourcefulness and vigilance;
- High adaptability capacity;
- Open minded to other’s language, culture, values and beliefs;
- Good teaching skills;
- Teamwork skills.
- Fluent in English;
- Fluency in Cree or/and French is an asset.
Posting start/end date: 2020-02-13/2020-02-27
Shift type: Day
Positions available: 1
Hours per day/week: 7/35
Housing provided: Yes
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply, or for more information regarding the position and job description, please forward your resume to:
Cree Board of Health & Social Services of James Bay
Tel: 514-861-5955 Fax: 514-989-7495
Posting # : P-1920-0642B
Position Number : 5208
We thank all candidates who apply, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Note 1: In accordance with various Sections of the James Bay and Northern Quebec Agreement (JBNQA), the organization has the objective of staffing all of its positions with qualified and competent beneficiaries of the JBNQA.