Department: Social and Cultural Development
Location: To Be Determined
Salary Grade 2: (Min. $35,737.00 – Max. $47,709.00
Status: Temporary One Year Contract
Protected Areas Agent will work closely with the Special Projects Technician in implementing, administering and monitoring the Challenge Fund-related projects and initiatives of the Cree Nation Youth Council (CNYC).
- Work in support of the Special Projects Technician, on project management and coordination of projects funded through the Challenge Fund.
- Provide support to regional partners, Cree local administration, and Cree Entities when requested or required.
- Monitor and report non-compliance of programs funded through the CF agreement.
- Assist in coordination of all planned meetings within the projects.
- Provide assistance on assessing financial progress reports and claims.
- Update and maintain the information in Challenge Fund financial database.
- Monitor and summarize the progress of the projects funded through the Challenge Fund and provide monthly reports to the Special Projects Technician.
- Collaborate with the Special Projects Technician to identify training needs and recommend solutions and support training and development.
- Assist in the creation of monthly reports on the status of projects, initiatives and trainings administered.
- Work in collaboration with the regional team to ensure any reporting, surveys and feedback are collected at each training or workshop.
- Maintain a good working relationship with all stakeholders such as Cree Nation Government personnel in Social and Cultural Development & Environment and Remedial Works, Youth Councils, Youth Chiefs and Youth Coordinators.
- Promote ongoing, effective and open communication with employees.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge and skills in area(s) of responsibility.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Attestation of Collegial Studies (ACS) in a Wildlife related field or relevant field experience.
- Less than One year of relevant experience.
- Fluency in verbal Cree, English and French.
- Ability to write in English.
- Ability to write in French is considered an asset.
Knowledge and Abilities
- Proven ability to communicate effectively.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative.
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure and to adapt to a changing environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products.
- Willingness to work both in an office and outside setting.
- Willingness to travel occasionally.
The Cree Nation Government may, at its discretion, waive any or all of the aforementioned requirements if a suitable candidate who is a JBNQA beneficiary accepts to follow a training plan determined by the Cree Nation Government as a condition of employment.
From June 18, 2020 to July 2, 2020
Your application must be sent by email with the competition number: SCD-200601-1